Research Director – Life Sciences Supply Chain Expert
Location: Remote - Flexible in Europe, ideally Ireland or UK
About this role:
A Research Director in the Supply Chain practice advises end clients on the best practices on key initiatives such as end-to-end supply chain imperatives and trends, digitization of the supply chain, how to assess capability and move up the maturity curve, measuring performance with a focus on cost and service improvements, as well as best practices in connecting sourcing and procurement, planning and logistics. The key activities performed include: client advisory calls, conducting research and producing written content, presenting at Gartner events, and supporting sales teams by speaking with prospective clients to demonstrate Gartner subject-matter expertise. The role also requires collaboration with peers, partnering on research and writing and participation in research communities.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct and produce research on trends and best practices in end-to-end supply chain end for life sciences, including digitization of the supply chain, how to assess capability and move up the maturity curve, measuring performance with a focus on cost and service improvements, as well as best practices in connecting sourcing and procurement, planning and logistics.
- Cover the specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically deep, fact-based research.
- Geographic focus of research is global with most clients located in Europe and North America
- Produce provoking, pragmatic, thought-leading, fact-based research that is impactful for our clients.
- Develop broad coverage in the end-to-end life sciences supply chain and support for the head of supply chain and head of supply chain strategy roles.
- Drive new and topical research on best practices in related topics covering all life sciences sub-segments including pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, and medical devises
- Responsible for conducting research and writing in-depth reports and shorter notes that demonstrate a mastery of best practices and strategies to guide user decision-making. Proficiency in developing graphics and converting written content to presentation materials is an advantage
- Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects in senior supply chain roles (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations).
- Prepare and deliver high-value presentations and other materials at Gartner, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings. Collaborate across research groups to ensure presentations and messages comprehensively represent best practices.
- Support the Gartner sales team in driving new business through proof of capability discussions, remote or on-site.
- Where appropriate lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
What you’ll need to perform this job successfully:
The individual must be able to perform essential duties in an analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Preferable would be demonstrated knowledge in:
- At least two supply chain functional experiences from planning, sourcing/procurement, manufacturing or distribution.
- Line experience versus project experience is desired. A combination of line and project experience will also be considered.
- Commercial supply chain experience is essential, clinical trials supply chain experience would be beneficial but not required
- Experience leading people.
- Ideal candidate will have had a variety of experiences across different life science companies. If at one company only, must have a variety of experiences across supply chain functions and regions.
- Global experience is desirable.
- Must demonstrate experience designing and implementing supply chain strategies. Having transformation experience would be desirable.
- Ability to link best practices, business strategies, goals & metrics to client’s business strategies.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
- Experience with the best practices and issues facing end users (“clients”). Demonstrate a curiosity for new ideas and best practices in supply chain and logistics operations.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively and presenting to large groups in workshops and conferences desired.
- Strong project planning and management skills with a strong team-working ethos.
- Some international travel as required from time to time.
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain, with demonstrated broad expertise in supply chain strategy and execution in the life sciences sector.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
Who you are:
- Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues.
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume.
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision. Effective communicator
- Analytically savvy – have strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81253
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.