Sr. Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a highly professional, dedicated, and motivated individual to join the team as a Senior Administrative Assistant supporting senior leadership members of Evanta and Conferences’ Sales. Evanta is a Gartner Company, the world’s leading research and advisory firm. A division of Gartner Conferences, Evanta creates exclusive communities of C-level executives from the world’s leading organizations. These networks are built by and for C-level executives to share ideas, validate strategies and solve critical leadership challenges through peer-to-peer insight and collaboration. In this exciting role you will work in a fast-paced environment with highly productive, results focused, and passionate teams.
The Senior Administrative Assistant is a critical team member and ensures that the operations of Evanta and other Conferences’ divisions run smoothly and efficiently. This person will balance departmental administrative assistance and support, as well as project coordination/management. Responsibilities include:
- Performs diversified administrative tasks and special assignments in support of aligned leaders while exercising a high degree of discretion and initiative
- Interacts in a professional manner with all levels of associates both internally and externally
- Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties
- Proven ability to analyze data, research ideas, and coordinate projects as needed
- Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships across Gartner’s broader Conferences business, as well as the company, to ensure collaboration on key initiatives
- Demonstrates decision making ability within scope of responsibilities and identifies problems within process flow (i.e., meeting agendas, participants, etc.)
- Fully manages the calendar of three aligned leaders and collaborates with the staff of other members of Evanta and Conferences’ Leadership team and Operating Committee as needed
- Coordinates detailed domestic and international travel arrangements, as well as meeting and event planning
- Participates in team meetings/events and other activities
- Understands the administrative role and provides support, mentoring and guidance to colleagues as needed
- Provides guidance to new administrative associates on Gartner processes
- Administrative duties include entering and reviewing T&E submissions, taking meeting minutes, conference and video call scheduling, communication drafting, spreadsheet/PowerPoint creations, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
- 10% Travel expectation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with relevant experience in an administrative capacity
- Great with people and collaborative
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Must have an excellent work ethic and be proactive
- Maintains a high sense of urgency and can operate at fast pace in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Problem solver
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be highly organized with good time management skills
- Must have a high attention to detail
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81236
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.