About the role:
To efficiently scale and continue to delight customers, Gartner is investing in the ‘Global Talent Lab’ located in our Gurgaon Center of Excellence. Analysts on this exciting team will be aligned with Gartner’s most visionary experts to directly help clients by writing research and delivering compelling interactions, thus becoming industry experts.
Gartner analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research and provide advice to world-leading organizations. Analysts possess a keen eye for identifying gaps, problems and solutions within the market they serve, and help clients make better decisions relative to their highest business priorities.
As an analyst, you will bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world class clients. Your focus will be on both the pragmatic research that assists a client in solving today’s problems, and provocative research that challenges a client’s assumptions on how the future will play out.
Key areas of coverage with be in the enterprise IT storage and backup and recovery space. You will apply your broad knowledge of technologies, vendors, processes, and best practices to provide actionable insights to our clients.
What you will do:
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis and positions at a regular cadence through evidence-based research.
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice through virtual interactions.
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority.
- Engage senior-level executives by building relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors, and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Present at conferences as an industry expert
- Partner with sales and service delivery partners to increase account growth, retention, and engagement.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree
- Overall, 3 - 6 years of experience with 2+ years of experience in enterprise IT storage and/or backup and recovery role/industry.
- Knowledge of the major vendors in the enterprise IT storage (e.g., Pure Storage, Dell, NetApp) and/or backup and recovery market (e.g., Veeam, Rubrik, Commvault)
- Ability to conduct competitive and market share analysis between the various storage and/or backup and recovery vendors.
- Understanding of the benefits and enterprise use cases for different storage types such as block, file, and object storage.
- Understanding of the key considerations and tradeoffs when deploying enterprise storage and backup solutions in the public cloud, hybrid cloud, on-premises, and edge.
- Familiarity with emerging storage and backup trends such as storage-as-service, backup-as-a-service, cyber storage, ransomware protection, and SaaS/O365 backup
- Background in cybersecurity is a plus.
- Ability to formulate and articulate technology and business adoption scenarios that help senior IT leaders articulate the opportunities, risk, and approaches for modernizing storage and backup and recovery infrastructure, systems, and processes.
- Ability to collaborate in cross-team settings with colleagues that include application architecture, enterprise architecture, infrastructure strategies, and technology service providers. Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity.
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81157
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.