The Associate Director, Sales Development Program (SDP) is responsible for leading part of the Global Business Sales development function. This function is responsible for prioritizing outreach to prospects and clients, establishing connections with CXO’s and kickstarting the sales process to enable Gartner to generate revenue. The Associate Director is responsible for the management and motivation of Sales Development Managers (SDM) who manage entry-level business development and account management staff.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Day-to-day management of Sales Development function, including direct management of Sales Development Managers and oversight of associates within the Sales Development Program.
- Monitor and analyze performance against organizational goals. Create and implement operational plans to deliver against activity requirements.
- Leverage tools, technology and resources to deliver a pipeline of activity for the sales development team in order to grow Gartner’s portfolio.
- Manage, coach and support the day-to-day activities of Sales Development Managers and Associates, acting as a career steward for all Sales Development Program staff.
- Forecast attrition and take necessary steps to remain fully staffed including recruiting, onboarding and on-going development of staff as well as partnering with key internal stakeholders such as Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development.
- Responsible for training & development of all Sales Development Program Staff, including preparation for career advancement into quota bearer or other roles.
- Develop and oversee reward & recognition strategies for the Sales Development community.
- Determine staffing needs, effectively allocating resources to optimize the performance of all teams.
- Continue to evolve the Sales Development Program function to ensure it meets the needs of the business, accelerates staff readiness to assume quota bearer roles and reflects the changing role of the staff.
We are Looking for Driven Team Leaders Who
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or other advanced degree
- 5+ years of professional experience including management of managers
- Proven ability to deliver against organizational performance goals and manage early career staff
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and superior creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach, and motivate staff
- Ability to lead a team to meet personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Experience with management of staff productivity and incentive campaigns
- Exceptional poise, maturity and judgment
- Experience with conflict resolution and matrix relationships
- Ability to present self professionally and intelligently to internal clients/colleagues
- Strong analytic skills; High proficiency in distilling large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience in hiring, developing and coaching high-performance lead generation teams
- Experience in sales or service role targeting C Level Executives
- Deep understanding of outbound lead generation best practices
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 108,000 USD - 128,800 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81056
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.