Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium-sized organizations. The business comprises three brands - Software Advice, Capterra, and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a startup, balanced by the stability of a large established organization and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
In this role, you will lead the Strategic Sales function for Gartner Digital Markets. The Sales Area Vice-President’s primary role is to attract, lead, coach, and develop a team of quota-bearing Sales leaders across both business development and account management functions. You will be directly responsible for increasing sales productivity and effectiveness while scaling the Sales organization globally. As a critical member of the Sales Leadership team, you will partner cross functionally with Enablement, L&D, Sales Ops, Marketing and product to ensure alignment and meeting of ongoing operational needs related to our enterprise sales organization.
What you will do:
- Establish deep understanding of Digital Markets business drivers and goals; building an enterprise focused Sales strategy that ensures GDM hits revenue and BUC goals
- Create and maintain standards around driving a culture of high performance through coaching of sales managers
- Partner in setting, and subsequently executing the strategic short- and long-term sales direction for the enterprise sales organization based on key market trends, business, and industry goals
- Champion and support execution behind Strategic Account Engagements and Client Advisory Board; improving TBVA at power and elevating senior relationships with critical clients.
- Establish and maintain enterprise client relationships and industry leaders to represent GDM in an executive capacity
- Drive retention and conversion improvements by surfacing insights related to current market dynamics, sales development opportunities, and product enhancements with key stakeholders.
- Foster culture of collaboration and cross channel harmonization - partner across GDM/Gartner to ensure sales alignment with overall strategy and initiatives; collaborating with others to stay abreast of initiatives that impact sales
What you will need:
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience; with a minimum of 3-5 years leading large and complex teams to successful outcomes
- Proven leader with a consistent record of meeting and exceeding quota objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies.
- Extensive experience in presenting and communicating ideas to key stakeholders and convey key concepts and ideas across all areas of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to define, build, and execute programs to drive key business initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, up to and including C-level executives.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 96,800 USD - 188,500 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81011
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.