Who we are:
Gartner, the leading Research & Advisory firm, is now offering a development program for early to mid-career individuals looking to drive their career to new heights! Gartner’s Global Talent Lab is designed for rapid skill acquisition and career growth. You will embark on a 15-18 month learning journey centered on investing in YOU.
What makes The Talent Lab a GREAT opportunity for you?
- You will have an individualized development plan geared towards acquiring the knowledge and skills that YOU need for long-term career success at Gartner.
- You will be mentored by thought leaders in the exciting field of contract negotiation with the goal to deepen your subject matter expertise through an extensive peer network, support, and best-in-class research resources.
- You will work in a collaborative global setting with individuals who are helping shape the future of enterprises.
What you’ll do:
As an Associate Principal Analyst, you will engage directly with clients via 1:1 meetings, produce high quality actionable written research, and present Gartner research at events. As part of a team focused on helping clients with SaaS and software negotiations specifically in the Contract Life Cycle Management (CLM) area, with knowledge of DocuSign as a plus, this role collaborates with some of the smartest and sharpest in the industry!
- Conduct research and analysis in software pricing and contracting with a primary focus on DocuSign and SaaS.
- Predict how DocuSign licensing will develop, analyze market alternatives, and help clients in their negotiation, vendor management processes and practices.
- Remain ahead of the curve in other areas within the overall software, SaaS, and cloud licensing space as well as applicable adjacent areas such as application services.
- Become a well sought after expert that provides 1:1 negotiating advice to our clients.
- Represent Gartner as a speaker at conferences, research communities or on location with clients to help them develop their strategies.
- Publish thought-leading, authoritative advice on the topics of DocuSign and SaaS negotiations and represent Gartner with press and media inquiries.
- Mentor and support other team members, and attend research community meetings to discuss research issues, lead topics, and collaborate with peers.
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner Experts are correctly viewed as THE thought leaders of their industry. This means you will need to further develop your knowledge of your markets, vendors, trends, and management practices. Gartner Experts are team players who value expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. They also love to solve the most challenging of puzzles!
- Help us see the future & be creative. You must be a lifelong learner with foundational knowledge and experience in large software vendor/SaaS provider contract negotiations.
- Subject matter knowledge in contract licensing, with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of negotiation best practices and trends in the software and cloud services market.
- Understanding of and curiosity about the larger business impact of new technology and business trends on software and SaaS contracting models and costs, and how these can be navigated successfully.
- 3-5 years of relevant and demonstrable experience.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience.
- Willing to occasionally travel, regionally and globally.
- Business Acumen. Understand how an organization operates (risks and opportunities) and the drivers of a company's performance.
- Critical thinker with the ability to process and understand information quickly, diagnose the issue to take positions and make impactful recommendations.
- Can collaborate productively, build relationships, and move work forward with internal partners and clients.
- Communication. Can engage in clear, effective dialogue on complex concepts, and communicate them with poise.
- Leadership and Influence. The ability to persuade, encourage, or gain the support of others and cause them to take action.
What you’ll get:
- A culture that puts people first, emphasizing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, work-life balance, and the desire to have you bring your full, authentic self to work every single day. See some of our recognition here.
- Professional development focusing on being outrageously known and fully supported by highlighting your strengths through tangible opportunities and providing constructive actionable feedback to help reach your full potential.
- Participating in our world class training and onboarding in a collaborative environment focused on YOU and YOUR capabilities.
- Unlimited growth potential, “Growing with Gartner” is encouraged, supported, and celebrated!
- Top-tier benefits that challenge the status quo of the industry.
- An emphasized and encouraged work life balance with up to 29 paid days off in year one, increasing with tenure.
- Impacting organizations most critical priorities and working directly with senior executives
- Become a leader and an advisor in a thought leading area of contracts negotiation
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 68,800 USD - 98,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:80948
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.