What we do
Gartner partners with C-suite executives across all industries to provide market research and best practices and advisory services, enabling them to address their business-critical decisions through data-driven research. Gartner has experienced almost a decade worth of double-digit growth, which demonstrates how Gartner has succeeded in helping businesses navigate their mission-critical priorities.
As a Director-level Analyst, this Japan-based IT Services market strategy expert will provide actionable insights to Tech Vendor clients globally into planning, creating, and managing their Services business. The primary scope of this role includes deeper coverage of Consulting and Business Application Services. This expert will also predict, project, and advise on the overall spending and trajectory of the IT Services market in addition to capturing end user buyer behaviors.
What you`ll do
- Analyze markets, technologies, trends, best practices, and skills within Business Application Services and Consulting Services.
- Create high quality, clear, actionable, “must-have research” content based on research best practices and methodologies
- Apply expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help client make smarter and faster decisions
- Contextualize other Gartner IT Services research for the Japan market
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review
- Provide mentorship and support team members
- Present at Gartner, Industry, and Client events
- Supports Sales and Service Delivery partners to drive account growth and retention as well as client demand for Gartner’s research
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Fluent Japanese and English language skills
- 15+ years of experience in the IT Services marketplace
- C-level engagement and communication experience
- Experience as a leader in the Consulting and/or Business Application Services Sector
- Wider exposure to IT services will be an added advantage
- Commercial experience creating, introducing, and managing the evolution of business applications / consulting solutions into and through the market
- Knowledge of Product Management and its applicability / adaptability into Services firms
- Ability to absorb, learn, and collaborate with global peers
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:80588
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.