We are looking for a highly collaborative, experienced, hands-on individual to take ownership of the vital role of FSO for all US operations. The position will report to the Managing Vice President, Legal & Compliance, and will work with a broad array of internal stakeholders and partners, up to and including senior-most executives.
This position is responsible for compliance with Security and Insider Threat Programs under the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), including training, policies, and procedures to ensure security compliance for Gartner personnel and facilities. You will be the company's primary interface with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), as well as a key partner to multiple internal clients and stakeholders.
You must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI Security Clearance with FS or CI polygraph.
• Serve as Gartner’s FSO/Insider Threat Program Senior Official (ITPSO).
• Manage classified government contract programs and provide oversight of the day-to-day operations, including oversight of the personnel, information, and physical security.
• Using a thorough understanding of all relevant regulations (including NISPOM and Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs)), ensure regulations are implemented to prevent unauthorized disclosure of classified information.
• Collaborate with Gartner businesses globally, collaborating with stakeholders and partners to formulate consistent security procedures and practices across a “one Gartner” security program consistent with DCSA, customer, contractual, and company requirements; serve as subject matter expert (SME) and thought partner to business leaders to identify areas of risk and determine mitigation strategy.
• Ensure clear, timely, and effective communications with internal and external team members to detect, prevent, respond to, and mitigate risk, inclusive of change management and educational communications.
• Lead self-inspections to confirm compliance and determine a mitigation strategy in instances of noncompliance. Partner with internal and external customers and government security officials to perform inspections and assessments, define requirements, and monitor progress to secure approval of Facility Clearances (FCLs) and secure spaces, as needed and approved. Prepare for and oversee DCSA and other government inspections and security reviews and implement corrective action plans.
• Protect classified information (in conjunction with IT providing cyber-security), monitor security procedures, and ensure compliance with all aspects of the program including personnel, physical, and administrative security systems.
• Interpret policy; develop, document (Security Practice and Procedures (SPP)) and implement security plans/procedures.
• Evolve and manage day-to-day program administration in partnership with other key internal stakeholders (travel records, facility access control, visit authorization, incident reports, fingerprinting, etc.).
Required skill sets:
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, and the ability to build collaborative partnerships with a variety of stakeholders internally at all levels of the business, up to and including senior-most executives.
• Ability to manage, develop and mentor more junior team members.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to present effectively to a variety of audiences, and adjust approach based on audience need.
• Ability to develop and implement solutions to complex problems involving the partnership of multiple business units.
• Strong change management skills. Desired experience and certifications:
• Experience in Federal Government contracting, knowledge of FAR, GSA IT schedule 70.
• Certification - FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities.
• Certification - Insider Threat Awareness.
• Experience with, and understanding of, government guidance, including the NISPOM.
• Familiar with policies and procedures of the Maryland Procurement Office (MPO) and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).
• Current access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI access) and Compartmented Information (CI) or Full Scope Polygraph or CI granted by an Intelligence Community Agency.
• Expertise using the Defense Information Security System (DISS) and Scattered Castles (personnel security database).
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• US Citizen with active US Security Clearance (Active TS/SCI Security Clearance with FS polygraph).
• Located in or around the Washington D.C./Virginia area (commuting distance to Arlington, VA Gartner office).
• Valid passport and ability to travel.
• At least 5+ of related professional experience; 10+ years total professional experience preferred.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 116,000 USD - 164,220 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:80576
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.