In this role you will:
- Work with various Gartner practices, to plan and write must-have research.
- Write with the reader in mind; we’re after substantive simplicity.
- Review and revise drafts, especially in response to feedback.
- Project manage and progress work through Gartner's content management system.
- Ensure research documents follow Gartner’s editorial style, standards and format.
- Provide input for companywide writing and editing policies, standards and procedures.
- Share and solve cross-departmental challenges and best practices related to writing and publishing at Gartner.
- Verify facts, dates and statistics using standard reference sources.
- Work with other teams and departments, including subject matter experts, graphic designers and content strategy stakeholders, to improve the overall workflow process, procedures and systems.
- Coach researchers and analysts on writing best practices, publishing process requirements and Gartner style.
- Engage in continuous training opportunities to improve writing skills and business acumen.
In this role you need to have :
- Three or more years' writing experience, preferably on fact-based, business content in a busy environment with strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Technical Writing, or related field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and understand new concepts quickly.
- Ability to collaborate on documents with subject matter experts and build relationships with key (often senior) stakeholders.
- Ability to distill meaning from graphics and numerical data.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects and juggle a diverse workload while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style.
In this role it’d be nice to have:
- Familiarity with Google Workspace applications (e.g., Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience working in a content management system.
- Experience working with a global team.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 62,400 USD - 86,940 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:80534
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.