Business Development Executives are responsible for prospecting companies which are not presently active clients of Gartner, within an assigned geographical territory. The purpose of the role is to identify key buying centres to expand the net new client base.
The Business Development Role is responsible for managing a territory and selling Gartner’s Research based services to C level Executives and their direct reports. In this role you will prospect for and close 100% Net New Business and then transition closed business to Gartner’s Account Management teams to ensure retention of the relationship. Act as a strategic partner to C-level and senior executives and focus purely on establishing new business relationships with non-client organizations within an assigned prospecting territory.
Own the full sales cycle from prospecting through close. Be responsible for strategically selling Gartner’s advisory services to midmarket organizations or emerging technology organizations.
What you’ll do:
● Leverage key best practices to drive and successfully sell new business opportunities
● Build and effectively manage a list of new individuals and new clients to drive business development.
● Collaborate with internal resources and external network to prioritize and penetrate key accounts.
● Primary focus net new logos / net new client accounts.
● Utilizing account planning, time management tools to increase research revenue to an assigned quota.
● Establish and maintain executive relationships with clients to become the trusted advisor
● Quota responsibility aligned to the territory
● Handover of closed clients to existing AEs within 30 days of closing for continued Gartner service.
● Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner’s internal sales methodology, products, and services
● Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
What you’ll need:
● 8-12 years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services/ software) to large with a demonstrated track record of quota-carrying success.
● An independent and thoughtful sales professional with exceedingly developed sales and negotiation skills.
● Ability to build credibility quickly with new clients.
● Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists.
● Strong ability to transition prospects to clients.
● Proven experience in closing enterprise-wide complex sales solutions.
● Ability to comprehend and problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet.
● Strong ability to influence others in the organization with no direct reporting relationship.
● Ability to articulate a strong value proposition at the executive level.
● Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centres.
● Excellent presentation and communication skills at an executive level.
● A resolute sales professional who is driven by succeeding in challenging and complex sales opportunities
● Bachelor’s or master’s degree – desired
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:80458
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.