What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you?
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we passionate about technology and its applications, but we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and driven people to take our world-renowned Gartner Consulting to a whole new level. When you join Gartner, you will be a part of some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. We are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of a changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training, and career development opportunities. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner Consulting is the place for you.
About this role:
You would be part of the global consulting delivery team of Gartner Consulting advising IT and business leaders on cost optimization, developing comparative insights, and creating new capabilities and market opportunities for some of our large customers across North America, EMEA, and Japan regions. As a consultant in the India Centre of Excellence, your role would be to deliver consulting engagement for our clients as part of the global team by demonstrating strong technology industry experience, business acumen, great learning attitude, problem-solving and consultative skills, and quality of execution.
What you’ll do:
- Apply expert guidance and tools on consulting engagements to enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities.
- Articulate findings and implications on client software delivery techniques and provide fact-based recommendations for improvements.
- Provide actionable, objective insights and recommendations on the Enterprise Applications including options analysis, organizational and technical readiness strategic architecture analysis, solution migration, and transition strategies.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of leading application design and architectural principles and best practices, with hands-on experience in the large-scale IT landscape.
- Make high-impact client presentations with compelling story boards, hypotheses, and visualization to deliver actionable recommendations.
- Collaborate with internal practice and industry leaders to contribute to reusable solutions, proposals, and Points of View (POVs).
- Work as an individual contributor to deliver complex engagements.
What you’ll need:
- 6-8 years of work experience in Consulting lead role, within Enterprise Applications.
- Expertise in developing comprehensive strategies for the selection, implementation, and optimization of enterprise applications to align with clients' goals by understanding their business objectives, challenges, and requirements related to enterprise applications.
- Awareness and knowledge of the Enterprise Business Application software vendors such as Workday, Oracle, SAP, and the key System Integrators service providers who support implementations.
- Experience with the application/software development lifecycle which entails requirement gathering, application development, application testing, and application deployment in agile, hybrid, and waterfall methodologies.
- Understanding of RFX-driven end-to-end sourcing lifecycle for procurement of IT products and services spanning strategic sourcing, vendor evaluation and selection, and vendor management.
- Experience in responding to RFXs, developing high-level business cases, conducting market scans & and vendor profiling, performing vendor evaluations, and supporting contract negotiations and finalizations to help clients make informed decisions.
- Experience in assisting global clients with sourcing and procurement of IT services and products which is inclusive of Applications implementation and management, IT Infrastructure transformation and management, Cloud implementation and management, Business Process Outsourcing services, etc.
- Identify, assess, and solve complex business problems for integrating cloud applications with external / on-premises applications across a wide array of Human Capital Management, Financial, and Supply Chain functional areas, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Knowledge of leading-edge and emerging technologies that drive application design and development such as low code / no code platform, software and platform as a service extension, continuous availability, robotic process automation, chatbots, integration platforms, and mesh application and service architecture.
- Strong technical capabilities coupled with the ability to clearly communicate the business value and bottom-line impacts of technology decisions to a non-technical audience.
- Strong Excel, analytical, and visualization skills.
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology and helping clients in the time of industry disruption led by technology evolution.
- Possess a curious and inquisitive mindset, with innovation excellence being a key driver and motivator.
- Flexible in outlook, and willing to participate in different projects as per business requirements.
- An effective team player and collaborator who thrives in a dynamic and quick paced environment.
- A go-getter who tackles business and technical challenges head-on, with a consulting inclination.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including team management, issue resolution, negotiation, and relationship management.
What does Gartner Consulting offer?
- Work with a best-in-class consulting team spread globally, exposure to solving the most critical problems of the world’s largest clients.
- Unparalleled learning opportunity through Gartner Research to always be on the cutting edge of technology evolution.
- Opportunities to be part of a growth company and help shape the future growth of Gartner Consulting in India.
- Opportunities for vertical and horizontal professional growth within a well-defined career progression path.
- A dynamic and supportive working environment that encourages personal development, learning, collaboration, and mentoring.
- A competitive salary and structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:80308
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.