We are looking for an Editor with an eye for detail and expert knowledge of the English language to coordinate, review and edit content, as well as manage all steps in the publication process. A successful candidate understands what kind of writing is appropriate for business executives and strives to provide exceptional, informative, and engaging content that clearly delivers on what it promises clients.
Editors perform a variety of editorial duties, including formatting, fact checking and editing reports, research, conference presentations and time-sensitive deliverables for grammar, punctuation, clarity, concision and adherence to style and established methodologies.
In this role, you will:
- Review, rewrite and edit assigned documents or other deliverables every day to improve readability.
- Read documents closely to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar syntax and style.
- Use a content management system to capture editorial changes, reviews, and communications.
- Discuss and resolve any issues with authors.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Edit with the reader or audience in mind.
- Help shape the development of policies, standards, and procedures within the Content Production department and in relation to improving the client experience.
- Help establish and implement quality controls throughout the workflow process.
- Work cross-functionally with all other teams/departments, including Research, IT and Design, to improve the overall workflow process, procedures, and systems.
- Take part in departmental projects.
- Undertake continuous, job-related training to maintain editorial quality levels and improve individual skills.
- Maintain an awareness of new terms or phrases coming into popular usage in your subject area.
- At least three years' editorial experience, preferably working for newspapers, magazines or journals in the field of IT or communications technology, in a busy environment with strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Liberal Arts.
- Excellent English language skills in editing and writing.
- Tact, firmness and sound intuition when dealing with analysts and others.
- Numerate and visually literate.
- Proven ability to manage projects and juggle a diverse workload.
- Knack for learning and understanding new concepts.
- Well versed in G Suite and in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style.
- Past experience of working in a content management system is helpful.
- Knowledge of the technology industry is helpful.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 56,000 USD - 77,280 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:79975
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.