The primary purpose of this role is to drive revenue growth through the strategy development and tactical execution of growth plays and programs to drive higher NCVI growth across Global Technology Sales (GTS) Team. This will encompass planning and development activities such as program design and execution, process improvement and the world-class execution of existing programs to new areas. The person will lead execution with support from BU partners and sales leaders. The role will focus on quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify actionable insights, measure progress, and impact (ROI) to make necessary ongoing enhancements.
Manage the end-to-end execution for GTS’s growth plays (Drive Consistent Pipeline & Growth through IBTS by Role; Leverage POC Engagement; Build sales capabilities on key theme of Digital Transformation)
- Lead and support GTS New Business goals by executing initiative-based team solution selling (IBTS by role) related key priorities with BU Partners
- Work with Sales Leaders and BU Partners to drive tighter execution of pipeline building, management and continuous improvement in pipeline Stage progression
- Collaborate with Service teams (where appropriate) to keep sales and service execution in sync on key GTS growth priorities.
- Identify underlying factors responsible for higher pipeline conversion rates to help sales leaders drive MoM and YoY higher pipeline conversion rates
- Lead execution of key themes, such as Digital Transformation, as warranted by the market and sales/service needs.
- Lead and support GTS New Business goals by improving POC (Insights Platform Walkthrough, Service and Expert) Execution and driving POC enhancements across GTS in collaboration with BU Partners
- Work closely with Sales Communications team to plan and deliver timely and effective communication assets
- Collaborate with Sales Productivity team to understand and improve GTS Growth and Productivity measure and metrics
- Collaborate with Sales Learning and Development (SL&D) for delivering ongoing training and development
Other specific activities:
- Be an advocate for change and drive and improvements with Sales leadership
- Effectively communicate the "WHY" for the growth plays and programs and ensure sales buy-in -- includes general communication and delivery of group/1:1 sessions
- Drive execution with Sales teams by using proven sales practices - the "HOW" to do it
- Support sales S/GVP and Sales Ops Leaders in carrying out various sales operations related activities
- Monitor and track progress to ensure that specific activities (the "WHAT") related to the plays and programs are being executed effectively across GTS regions
- Create and manage roadmap of enhancements for each program/process. Execute these enhancements for ongoing improvement. Lead iterative program improvement plans with Sales Ops Leaders and Line-of-Business partners (GSSO, including Sales Enablement; Service; Research; Product; Marketing)
- Communicate effectively at all levels up to and including sales EVP level: proactively, in regular sessions and in response to ad-hoc requests
- Work with SL&D to create and deliver effective coaching/training sessions
Analytics, Reporting and Continuous Improvement:
- Capture and share best practices related to driving higher growth on a regular basis
- Establish processes to collect and conduct key analytics to drive Sales business initiatives
- Analyze leading and lagging indicator data to identify gaps and opportunities, and evaluate possible solutions for implementation
- Capture and analyze impact and ROI of programs to drive future enhancements
- Make prioritized recommendations based on estimated return and/or benefit to the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years total business experience
- 2+ years of sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment preferred
- 2+ years of internal Gartner experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in successfully managing growth initiatives
- Strong facilitation, communication, leadership and influence skills
- Ability to develop strong credibility with Sales leadership and become a trusted advisor
- Proven ability to understand business initiatives and challenges, and to recommend business solutions using fact-based analytics
- Ability to build partnerships and collaborate across lines of businesses
- Excellent program management and communications skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Executive presence, facilitation, and leadership qualities
- Strong ability and desire to build credibility and develop trusted relationships
- Highly skilled in using tools and technical knowledge to analyse data to develop insights and make decisions and drive actions based on those insights
- Curiosity, can-do attitude, conviction, confidence, coachability
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 116,000 USD - 164,220 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:79826
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.