Who we are
Are you looking for a dynamic career with excellent advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, consider Gartner, the world's leading research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day.
What we do
Gartner partners with C-suite executives across all industries to provide market research and best practices and advisory services, enabling them to address their business-critical decisions through data-driven research. Gartner has experienced almost a decade worth of double-digit growth, which demonstrates how Gartner has succeeded in helping businesses navigate their mission-critical priorities.
Gartner Analysts create Gartner research and analysis, communicate it to clients and support the sales force in new sales and client retention. In this role, you`ll provide insight and actionable advice to clients in the area of Software Engineering . You`ll write about, present, and advise organizations; diagnose root causes of client challenges and advise on the best course of action. The Director Analyst is responsible for interfacing almost continuously with C-level and other senior executives to foster deep and broad long-term relationships.
What you`ll do
- Analyze vendors, markets, technologies, trends, best practices, and skills in the following areas:
- APIs and Integration
- Platforms, Frameworks and Tools
- Quality, Testing and Security
- Create high quality, clear, actionable, “must-have research” content based on research best practices and methodologies
- Apply expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help client make smarter and faster decisions in the following areas:
- Build & Deliver New Digital Products to Drive Business Results
- Build a World-Class Software Engineering Organization
- Adopt Modern Architecture & Technologies
- Contextualize other Gartner technology and business process research for the Japan market
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members
- Present at Gartner, Industry and Client events
- Supports Sales and Service Delivery partners to drive account growth and retention as well as client demand for Gartner’s research
What you`ll need
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English language skills
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent professional experience
- The following experience in software engineering:
- Designing, building and testing large scale business applications
- Evaluating and recommending software engineering tools and services
- Application integration in a mixed environment of cloud and on-premises
- Experience in security-conscious architecture design and application design standards is a plus
- Experience in developing an enterprise application strategy or enterprise architecture is a plus
- Experience in modernizing from mainframes is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to explain complex ideas effectively
- Strong C-relevance and executive presence
- Ability to work independently, while also with excellent people skills and collaborating internationally
- Genuine curiosity to new technologies and market trends
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:79593
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.