About this role:
This is a unique opportunity play a key role in the digital transformation of Gartner’s industry-leading global conferences business. As the product director, you will develop and iterate the strategic product roadmap for customer-facing digital products and apps – and work with partners across the business to bring those products and enhancements to market. As a leader on the team, you will leverage design thinking and lean product principles to define, design, build, and launch both enhancements to existing digital products and net new products that open new revenue streams for Gartner Conferences.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the digital customer experience and the power of digital products to augment and transform in-person experiences. Gartner is already the world’s leading conference operator – come help us extend that leadership into always-on digital experiences that seamlessly integrate with Gartner’s unrivaled insights platform!
What you will do:
Your responsibilities will be mainly aligned to product strategy, product development, and post-launch iteration, improvement, and scaling.
- Own product strategy, roadmap & goals for new digital products and major enhancements and upgrades to existing products. This includes identifying and sizing new opportunities, making trade-off and prioritization decisions, and driving hypothesis-driven relevance, ranking & content understanding investments that align with broader organizational strategy and goals
- Align partners from across the business unit and company around shared customer understanding, product vision & success criteria. Drive clarity on complex decisions and ensure healthy cross-functional collaboration through strong communication and execution skills
- Use data, research and market understanding to deliver impactful product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer circumstances and needs
- Develop and maintain customer segmentation, personas, and customer journeys
- Lead brainstorming sessions and prototype reviews with product teams to lead them towards the best solutions
- Prioritize relentlessly; independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and identify and execute on priorities which have the most business impact
- Present regular updates to business unit leaders and partners to gather input and facilitate collaborative problem-solving
- Collaborate with digital product leaders in other Gartner business units to offer a connected customer journey and leverage complementary innovations and expertise.
- Incubate pilot products as needed, including identifying & analyzing key business metrics to uncover reasons for success, reasons for obstacles and deliver needed enhancements
- Lead teams of direct and indirect reports
- Develop and maintain frameworks, processes, and metrics to improve product planning and development
What you will need:
- 7+ years of combined experience in product development and management roles
- 2+ years of experience working at digital company or SaaS software (web + mobile) environment is preferred; both B2B and B2C experience is ideal
- High degree of comfort applying frameworks and structure to work through ambiguity and uncertainty
- Good mind for CX/UX design and best practices
- Proven track record for new product innovation, including design thinking frameworks, product ideation, and agile development
- Experience and strong comfort level speaking directly with clients, including senior-level executives
- Ability to test concepts through fact-finding and data-driven decision making
- Ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Passion for developing talent (both direct and indirect reports)
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously – including digital and physical components
- Willingness to travel at least quarterly, likely up to eight times a year, including some international
- Bachelor's degree with concentration/coursework in technical and/or quantitative fields
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 105,120 USD - 163,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:79563
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.