Conference Manager, Production Management & Marque Content
Gartner is searching for a Manager to work on Gartner’s global conferences. As the Manager, Production Management, you will support and lead in delivering the planning, pre-production, and on-the-ground execution of multiple complex conference sessions and projects within Gartner’s Production Experience Center of Excellence. In this role, the Manager will provide customer-centric project management services and overall support at the highest level possible for our clients and presenters. A successful candidate will thrive in a quick moving environment with keen attention-to-detail. Strong understanding of live conference planning and conference project management is essential. Understanding of the Audio Visual function within conferences is a plus. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, ability to work across multiple teams and cultures, impeccable communication skills, and be energetically driven to meet the needs of various teams and stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Project Management of Keynote and other Marquee Content Sessions:
- Support the project management for the creation and delivery of Gartner’s highest level keynote sessions by partnering and collaborating with internal stakeholders in Conferences and Research & Advisory as well as external vendors across multiple Conference portfolios
- Support and contribute feedback on the creation of best practices to support live conference production planning processes, budget management and contingency planning
- Schedule, participate in/lead pre-event and onsite global meetings, which may be out of standard operating hours at times
- Prepare routine correspondence and forms, such as Contact Reports, internal and external briefing documents, logistics arrangements, on-site expectations, script management instructions and others as needed
- Coordinate pre-event and on-site logistics including rehearsal scheduling, rehearsal logistics, AV setups, crew catering, and other on-site activities as required
- Meticulously track and prepare versions of scripts and graphics for delivery at Conferences around the world
- Manage and communicate with internal and external partners such as AV agencies, creative agencies, speaker/performance coaches, freelancers, writers, etc.
- Effectively engage at every level of the organization and across multiple departments
- Guide key stakeholders through the entire production process and become their trusted partner
- Ensure the content produced meets the needs of the key stakeholders
- Participate in and lead virtual and onsite rehearsals with key stakeholders, including C-Level management, which requires the ability to seamlessly partner and lead highly valuable relationships
- Be highly skilled in handling multiple complex and concurrent projects
- Thoroughly debrief and document completed conferences and projects while focusing on best practices for continuous growth and improvement
- Support internal/corporate events periodically as the calendar permits
- Project Management of Production Assets:
- Support/manage production projects, such as video assets, presentation graphics, scenic development, etc. in partnership with external partners and vendors
- Understand and uphold Gartner’s brand with all assets created, which includes managing creative partners and vendors accordingly
- Collaborate with internal/external partners and vendors on the production of visual assets
- Communicate with stakeholders globally and confirm requirements for all onsite delivery assets including staging, scenic, graphics, audio, animation and all creative media components
- Budget and Timeline Management:
- Meticulously track the budget and expenses including collecting and processing vendor invoices
- Propose areas for investment and communicate globally with internal and external partners on financial decisions
- Create and manage production schedule and key milestones, while knowing how and when to flag and at-risk milestones
What will be expected:
- High scores from clients on keynote sessions in each region
- Flawless client experience – continual understanding of attendees’ key priorities and map back to those metrics
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships – internally and externally
- Achievement of financial objectives
- Engagement and effective management of suppliers/global partners
- Exceptional operational efficiency
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ Years Event Management experience, preference for AV/Production experience
- C-Level/senior leader experience required – communication and project management, etc.
- Effective organizational, budget, team and time management skills
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Highly skilled in collaborating with global stakeholders
- Beginning to end understanding of live conference production and creative content creation desirable
- Agency experience desirable
- Global experience preferred – US & Canada, LATAM, EMEA, APAC, and Japan
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Client focused - superior customer service skills
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency
- Strong executive presence
- Passionate, energetic & enthusiastic
- Strategic thinker - self-motivated, collaborative and solution oriented
- Curious and inquisitive, creative and innovative
- Portuguese speaking preferred, not required
- Willingness to travel globally - attend Gartner Conferences to lead operational requirements (roughly 6 – 10 on-site roles per year)
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 68,400 USD - 107,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:79282
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.