About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to lead Gartner’s Global Travel program operations. In this role, you will be a recognized expert for all facets of the program including policy, travel tools, the global travel management company and preferred suppliers. You will work closely with the broader Travel & Expense team, Source to Contract, Conferences, Global Security, and Global Mobility to identify program opportunities and globally consistent processes that scale for growth.
What you will do:
- Champions the globalization and expansion of the program to include deployment of the corporate travel policy, new tools, approved travel management company, and contracted travel suppliers.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities, including ability to develop, prioritize and implement plans to meet organization’s core strategic goals.
- Ensures operational effectiveness in the organization’s global travel program.
- Works closely with preferred travel vendors for opportunities to optimize the program and resolve issues.
- Regularly monitors travel vendor performance and contract compliance.
- Works closely with the Source to Contract Travel Category Manager to develop vendor strategy.
- Support the organization’s sustainability initiatives.
- Responsible for supporting and championing safety and security aspects of travel. Works closely with the Global Security team.
- Consults on event-specific group travel requirements with the Conferences team.
- Leads or participates in Projects and Committees: preferred supplier RFPs, regional crisis committees, disaster recovery committees if needed, updates to travel website; development of preferred vendor leakage initiatives; development and administration of travel surveys.
- Effectively grow, develop and lead one or more direct reports by providing continuous feedback, coaching, and individual training to upskill associates.
- Foster an environment with direct reports, peers and stakeholders that are collaborative, proactive and solution oriented.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of travel management experience at a large, global organization, 5+ years of management experience
- Excellent communicator with the ability to tailor high impact communications, to all levels within the organization. Can takes complex topics and present them in digestible, meaningful summaries.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Stays up to date and adjusts to internal and external changes that impact the team.
- Has previous leadership/managerial experience and can excite and lead diverse, global, and cross-functional teams.
- Understands and uses data to extract meaningful insights, making fact-based decisions and influencing change.
- Proactive, results oriented with a no-limits mindset. Can easily adapt to changing ideas, priorities, and deliverables.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in decision making by considering the impact on interdependent functions and weighing cost/benefit.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 84,000 USD - 115,920 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:79277
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.