Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm which is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll Do:
Our Consulting Associate Directors are responsible for project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. You will advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters. Your objective to ensure the business value of IT by focusing clients spend, comparing to industry norms, and identifying optimization opportunities to drive the value of IT.
What You’ll Need:
- IT Financial Management experience for large complex IT organizations or services providers with detailed understanding of cost accounting standards, cost structures (direct/indirect) and chargeback/pricing methodologies
- Knowledge of IT technical service environments and delivery models (e.g, Managed services outsourcing including infrastructure, cloud computing, Applications, SaaS).
- Experience with IT services agreements, specifically with various pricing and contracting constructs (e.g., managed services, T&M, project-based estimation)
- Ability to clearly identify and characterize current state spending and future state financial estimates to enable our clients to make data-driven decisions regarding technology strategies
- CPA or similar industry certification preferred
- A consistent track record of leading people and building high-performing teams that leverage data and technology to drive the mission-critical priorities of commercial or government entities
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/ corrective action when needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing business challenges
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
Specific Technical Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience developing full lifecycle sourcing strategies for IT services (non-IT services a plus); reviewing, lifecycle management, providing optimizing recommendations, and creating negotiation strategies for IT contracts with key vendors in domains such as IT professional services, hardware, software, cloud, applications, telecom and value-added resellers (VARs) for customers across industries:
- Ability to analyze IT contract inventory data and identify opportunities for consolidation / rationalization / optimization
- Familiarity with principles of or prior work experience in one or more of the following:
- Contract/vendor management
- Vendor performance management
- IT (or non-IT) procurement/purchasing/vendor governance
- Familiarity with IT service management, service integration, ITIL and COBIT, principles of sourcing (insourcing or outsourcing)
- Experienced working with large contract data sets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert practitioner in the use of MS Office suite of products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to reuse institutional intellectual property and research and adapt to client specific circumstances
Who You Are:
- A high achiever with perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Track record for meeting and exceeding personal targets preferred (such as sales, managed revenue, and utilization)
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 132,000 USD - 183,540 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:79088
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.