What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you:
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, GetApp, and Capterra - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About this role:
The Product Catalog Specialist’s role is a combination of researching, writing, data collection and client management. You will be responsible for assembling and writing short descriptions for various software products, evaluate a prospective vendor’s fitment across many verticals and categories, and help out the new software vendors set up their listings right.
What you’ll do:
- Insightful Research - Research, define, and collect features for software products across many different industries.
- Research unique information about software products like target market and pricing information, and re-write the description in non-plagiarized format.
- Project Management - Ensure timely completion of projects assigned to you.
- Maintain high standards of data quality and product content.
- Clean data collection and maintenance for productivity reports.
- Client Management - Evaluate a prospective vendor’s ability for fitment on our platform.
- Update vendor login details/descriptions as per the vendor request.
- Communication Management
-Exhibit strong service ethic with robust response rate for all inbound and outbound communications
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- 0-1 years of writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English that can be adapted per needs of a specific audience, subject and delivery medium.
- Able to follow the instructions and specification mentioned in the style guide diligently.
- Basic understanding of software domain, including markets, trends and business drivers – across IT and business domains.
- Able to manage several assignments at once and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and in Google Suite.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:78873
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.