This Client Director role is responsible for setting and directing strategy for global clients or major regional accounts that are of substantial strategic and revenue generating importance. Individual with managing one to three direct reports and focus on driving new business within the account, carrying a sales quota.
What you’ll do:
- Understanding of large/global client business strategy, drivers, goals and initiatives and translating these into Gartner selling opportunities
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results tied to overall sales strategy
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner’s validated recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open opportunities
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting session with direct reports
- Establish and maintain executive relationships with clients to become the trusted advisor in all their primary locations
- Account management with the outcome of increased customer satisfaction and an increase in retention and account growth
- Quota responsibility aligned to a specific multinational account
- Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner’s sales methodology, products, and services
- Line management of remote sales associates
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Maintain competitive knowledge & focus
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years external experience with proven consultative sales, preferably experience in high technology (services or software), with evidence of prior success in Sales
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within large multi-national companies
- Proficient in global account planning and understanding of territory management
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
- Proven ability to understand enterprise-wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions that provide IT decision support to global companies
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centers
- Extensive and relevant industry knowledge, specific to vertical markets per territory
- Strong computer proficiency and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the full lifecycle of the sales process
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree – desired
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:78435
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.