Senior Director Analyst, Security Operations Emerging Technology and Trends, Remote Ireland, UK, or Eu
About The Role
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory sector, establishing oneself as a credible voice within their designated market at local, regional and global levels. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Senior Director plays a significant role in producing pragmatic and provocative research which Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day by engaging them via in-person meetings, virtual meetings, sales support visits and Gartner conferences to discuss complex client challenges and offer appropriate recommendations.
You are primarily responsible for leading, and advising Gartner clients by researching Emerging Technology and Trends (ETT) within the security markets. You will be charged with creating and delivering both strategic and tactical advice and ETT research content which guides Technology CEOs, Product Leaders, Product Managers and Marketing professionals on critical future security technologies through written research reports, presentations, teleconferences, inquiries, and briefings. You will mentor and guide your research and the elaborate on the evolution and impacts of those emerging technologies in the security market. During a research project, you will work closely with adjacent covering analysts, case-based researchers, and service delivery associates across Gartner, to deliver a world-class experience for our technology provider membership subscriptions.
Please note this is an individual contributor role NOT a leadership role with direct reports.
What You Will Do
- Develop thought-leading advice on the emergence, adoption, and disruptions that emerging technologies bring to bear on security operations products and services across the world.
- Serve members, in conjunction with the Programs team, by helping the team craft must-attend meetings with compelling content and speakers. Aid the Programs team as necessary to serve and retain clients.
- Grow the ETT team’s network of thought leaders (academics, investors, etc.), startups, and vendors that the research team can draw on for interviews, case-based research and emergent disruptive security technologies and trends.
- Provide tailored inquiries and briefings for Gartner clients on Emerging Technologies in the Security Markets.
- Work with Gartner clients and their teams while reflecting the research in meeting conversations, and as a speaker, either face-to-face, or via videoconference.
- Ensure integrity of research & analysis of the team.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience
- 12 years of experience in a related field or industry.
- Knowledge of competitors and offerings in SIEM, EDR, XDR, MDR and related security products and services and domain knowledge in IT security risk management practices desirable.
- Prior experience working as a Product Leader, Product Manager or Product line executive is highly desirable.
- Ability to work directly with large multinational companies (or directly with suppliers and venture capital firms) will prove useful.
- Knowledge of the enterprise-focused IT industry and marketplace.
- Ability to compellingly apply thinking across industries.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated ability to piece together fragments of information, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing and framing conclusions in real-time, with clients and during meetings.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:78331
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.