Hiring Location(s): Mumbai / Gurgaon
Working hours: 1.30pm – 10.30 pm IST or preferably 6.30 pm - 2.30 am IST
Gartner is a people business. Fueled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage, we are a team of thinkers, doers, and lifelong learners. We are innately curious, driven, disciplined and humble.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by helping others? Do you want to learn about different technologies? Gartner is searching for an India-based Applications Specialist to join our global Research and Advisory Project Management Office Support team. This is an opportunity to provide subject matter expertise and functional support for varying business applications, including creating User Training content and delivering User Training sessions, participating in user acceptance testing and other special projects.
The Specialist must have a can do attitude and have the desire to quickly develop knowledge of both business processes and the applications they support.
What you will do:
- Providing exceptional client service to users efficiently, effectively, with high quality and in a timely manner
- Apply your knowledge of the Research publishing and reporting tools and processes to effectively troubleshoot issues, think beyond the script and finding resolution and root cause analysis to solve or hand off issues appropriately
- Identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Closely collaborate with other technical support teams, operation teams as well as senior stakeholders worldwide
- Prepare and maintain user support documentation
- Prepare and maintain user training content and lead training session
- Become an SME in selective areas of the Research & Advisory business
What you will need:
- 2-3 years relevant business experience in an extremely fast paced, production-dependent work environment preferably within Gartner or a similar Research or IT related environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level qualification in a related discipline preferred
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability be able to troubleshoot and to think beyond the script
- Must have passion for learning
- Adaptable to learning new (home-grown) applications / databases
- Must not be afraid to ask for help – team player
- Great collaborator: asking for help, providing coaching to others, providing / receiving feedback, effectively communicating using all of phone, email, TEAMs, webex, and more!
- Work with global team (different time zones, different personalities – adaptable leadership / communication)
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Attention to detail – must be a note-taker – learns from previous mistakes (and build on it) – must adhere to SLAs
- Works independently, but is quick to ask for help when needed
- Be Happy with being part of a backend team, working mostly with tools and be happy to be the first line of support
- Be a proactive team member that during down times, looks for opportunities to improve processes, notice trends, propose permanent solutions or escalate to proper channels and/or volunteer for other “projects”
- Good knowledge of general business practices, change and process management concepts; able to create and follow processes and to ensure processes and standards are consistent and effective; strong problem-solving skills and able to deconstruct issues and process and analyze for continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills to be an effective collaborative team player, agility to work with and gain consensus among a wide variety of roles and personalities in a virtual global team.
- Strong customer service orientation, with ability to work independently, exercise judgment, take the initiative, take ownership and accountability.
- Excellent time management skills to manage a diverse and heavy workload, multiple tasks and deliverables, and make sound decisions within tight deadlines.
- Strong IT literacy and technology experience, with solid intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, technically astute and comfortable learning new technology
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- A great work culture
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:78225
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.