About this role:
The Test Engineer will focus on the development and execution of manual and automated scripts which validate the functionality and usability of the application under test. In addition, they will provide test metrics and address any issues and concerns which may affect project schedule to the Test Lead.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to execute functional testing along with an ability to identify opportunities for automation and create scripts in Java using Selenium
- Design, build, and maintain effective test automation solutions which meet requirements and specifications. (Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance, etc.)
- Automate and execute test cases using testing tools, scripting tools and development tools (Selenium, Java, TestNG/Cucumber)
- Hand-on experience of working on API testing
- Prepare functional matrix for test areas assigned and perform a walkthrough with the appropriate project team members to ensure accurate and complete coverage of designated area.
- Write effective manual or automated test scripts within the framework of approved testing tools (Selenium), using documented requirements and technical specifications provided by project team
- Provide test status and raise issues and potential risks to Test Lead
- Execute manual/automated scripts using automated tools during system, regression, acceptance, integration test cycle.
- Effectively document defects using automated defect tracking software.
- Prepare metrics to provide test status and effectively communicate issues and potential risks to project schedule.to the test lead.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tool (Jenkins) for running automation test suits.
- Familiarity with the scrum methodology of development.
- Should be proficient in writing sql queries for backend testing.
What you’ll need:
- B. S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of testing experience with above mentioned capabilities
- 3+ years of automated test experience in Selenium with Java
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in the use of automated tools used to support testing (e.g. test management, automated testing, defect tracking, etc.)
- Excellent Team player with ability to lead and mentor consultants and other junior team members
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:78137
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.