About this role
Gartner Chief Product Officer Research Analyst (Technology and Service Providers) will create must-have insights for our clients through published research, conversations (client inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how the Chief Product Officer role within the Technology and Service providers domain will evolve, and what Chief Product Officers must do to succeed today and in the future.
We are looking for an individual that has experience as a Chief Product Officer within a Technology and Service provider, building and managing a product organization, accelerating innovation across a company’s portfolio of products and services, and creating a product/service vision and strategy.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess strong overall leadership experience in portfolio management, fostering cross-departmental collaboration and driving product results.
What you will do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a videoconference, from the stage at a Gartner event or in support of sales. In every client interaction you will help Technology and Service Providers to succeed. You will not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. In this role You will:
- Be a part of a team which values expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage.
- Conduct research and analysis targeting Chief Product Officers at Technology and Service Providers
- Provide guidance to Chief Product Officers that are building and managing a product organization, guiding product investments, and creating a product/service vision and strategy.
- Work collaboratively as part of a globally distributed team of analysts.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media, focused on the specific needs of Chief Product Officers.
- Write clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how technology markets are developing to help Chief Product Officers in their decisions and professional development.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within your coverage area as well as adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for clients and deliver in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in a closely related field, and 15 + years of experience working in the technology and service provider industry or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Expertise knowledge of markets, technologies, trends, product management practices, and big picture thinking.
- Experience as a Chief Product Officer
- Proven knowledge of Chief Product Officer oriented best practices.
- Strong C-relevance and executive presence.
- A desire and ability to write effectively and succinctly.
- Enjoy challenging and being challenged. Voicing your opinion
- Strong ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Proficient in distilling data or information to identify key findings.
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed environment.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 172,000 USD - 200,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 172,000 USD - 200,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 180,000 USD - 210,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 180,000 USD - 210,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 172,000 USD - 200,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:78109
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.