About the role
The sales internship is a comprehensive program in one of Gartner’s high performing sales channels. Interns work alongside a team of full-time sales associates, who manage a group of named accounts, retain and grow existing client relationships, and forge relationships with prospective clients. The territory for this role includes specific mid-sized client accounts with revenue targets between $50 million - $750 million per annum. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team providing the highest level of sales support in procuring C-level executives in some of the world’s most successful companies as potential new clients. You’ll advance your career through a best-in-class sales internship program. Learn to apply strategic thinking and relationship building to engage executives on using Gartner’s research and advisory services to solve their most pressing business challenges around the world. You will understand their critical initiatives, align Gartner research and expertise, and help Gartner maintain its growth by ensuring strong business development of new clients
What you will do
- Spend time in a hands-on training environment learning how to execute on the top priorities of Gartner’s sales organization
- Work with a Gartner sales team and their clients/prospects to understand best practices for engagement, retention and growth
- Sharpen your skills by participating in sales and retention activities alongside your aligned sales team
- Gain real-time sales experience through shadowing sales associates and practicing different components of Gartner’s sales process
- Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner’s sales methodology
- In-depth knowledge of Gartner’s products and services
- Conduct lead generation, prospecting, and qualifying potential new clients
- Utilize business acumen to research companies, C-level executives, business trends, and competitive intelligence to create detailed research based strategic communication plans
- Proactively schedule calls with prospective clients via phone and email (including cold calling)
- Educate prospective clients on the value of Gartner’s renowned products and services
- Learn how to act as a strategic partner with C-level and senior executives across various organizations within an assigned territory of mid-sized organizations
- Start to build skills that will enable you to consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartner’s products and services
What you will need
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with expected graduation date within a year of successfully completing the internship program
- Exceptional communication skills
- Financial motivation, driven by working in a results-based, goal-focused environment
- A competitive nature and curiosity, demonstrated by extracurricular involvement in clubs or the community
- Leadership or work experience to supplement strong student achievement
- Willingness to learn
- Available for 9 weeks internship: Monday, 11 December 23 to Friday, 9 February 24
- Graduating between June 2024 to December 2024
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:78028
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.