About Global Sales Strategy & Operations (GSSO):
Global Sales, Strategy & Operations is a division within Gartner which encompasses Sales Technology, Sales Analytics, Sales Programs and other core functions supporting Gartner’s sales teams. This role will partner with business leaders across the company to support three Sales forces composed of more than 5,000 associates who sell to every major function across the enterprise.
The VP, Sales Strategy and Operations will help increase sales productivity through the creation and implementation of innovative, long-term, sales solutions that meet client retention and growth goals and deliver strong returns on investment. We’re looking for data-driven, strategic and results-oriented individuals who can conceptualize, design and execute programs end-to-end to drive Gartner’s new business and retention.
- Conceptualizing, designing and executing programs end-to-end that increase sales productivity
- Focusing on driving new business and increasing retention across sales organizations globally through close collaboration with other BUs including Services, Sales, Research, and Product.
- Identifying best-practices which can be systematized and scaled across the business, including the development of additional sales programs
- Establishing this pillar of GSSO as a “COE” for GTS/GBS to pull on for problem-solving and strategic support of all sales related programs or process improvement
- Driving complex projects aligned to high priority business objectives and working closely with partners across the business
- Cultivating strong and mutually respectful relationships across the organization and partner with Sales leadership to solve complex problems and identify productivity improvement opportunities
- Driving a culture of continuous innovation and globally consistent standards
- 15+ years progressive business experience
- Mix of operational leadership and sales/sales leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to structure complex problems, identify the most impactful levers, and prioritize efforts in addressing them.
- Highly strategic, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem solving, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations
- Results-oriented leader with excellent business vision and strategic thinking and a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and successfully drawing the larger business story out of facts and data.
- Strong knowledge of B2B Sales practices with a proven ability to establish trusted business relationships across business units, gain consensus and drive action from a large, diverse global set of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and teams in a fast-paced environment and to inspire rapid adoption of change in a complex matrixed organization with distributed virtual teams. Ability to prioritize & handle multiple requests concurrently and consistently deliver superior results in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling executive-level presentations. Excellent verbal & written communication skills with demonstrated ability to convey complex concepts and analyses in an accessible and compelling way.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s and/or Doctoral degree strongly preferred. Degrees with a concentration in statistics, data science, operations research, finance or economics preferred.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77915
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.