Hiring near one of our US Centers of Excellence in Fort Myers, FL.
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
The Senior Technical Support Specialist provides second level support to identify and solve technical issues escalated by the Help Desk to meet Gartner standards and SLA's for all Gartner Associates globally, as well as support for complex technical issues. Provides technical expertise on projects, site visits and Gartner Events support as well as mentoring and providing an escalation point to Technical Support Specialists.
What you will do:
- Provides executive/OC support.
- Escalated (level 2) technical support: Provides advanced technical hardware troubleshooting & diagnosis, software troubleshooting/installation, and information gathering to provide business solutions to keep Gartner Associates and infrastructure operational 24x7.
Active Management of Service Request, Incident, and Activities: Responsible for ensuring all associate interactions are accurately documented, assigned, and communicated in order to determine and resolve issues, escalate if necessary, and provide solutions for future problem resolution and process improvements.
- Participate in proactively supporting associates e.g. Solutions Lounge, training, tech orientations, etc.
- Act as an escalation point to Technical Support Specialists locally/regionally/globally.
- Subject Matter Expert support: Build knowledge in specialized subjects to provide guidance and become an escalation point for the Technical Support Specialists.
- Provides mentoring to Technical Support Specialists on all aspects of support
- Asset Management: Accurately manages all asset life cycles to allow for the most efficient deployment of assets throughout the company.
- Events & Symposiums: To ensure Gartner delivers world class events to our clients, liaise with ITIO Event Manager and Events staff and/or lead WWTS members at Symposium as the escalation point for all WWTS related issues onsite to provide technology services and support to associates and clients.
- Participate in development, implementation, and improvement of support policies, documentation of processes and best practices.
- Remote office visits (when required): Provides onsite support in remote office locations including resolving technical issues and building rapport with associates.
- Projects: Work on additional project work when required, and can act as project lead on certain projects.
- Instills and drives customer satisfaction including continuous improvements.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- 4+ years’ experience in a technical support role
- Good knowledge of networking concepts; servers; LANs/WANs
- Excellent knowledge in using help desk call logging system
- Extensive knowledge with standard Microsoft products and platforms
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, able to deal independently with staff at all levels in the organization including C-Level executives (verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to take ownership of escalated issues in difficult situations and drive to resolution
- Ability to ensure IT solutions meet business requirements
- Built expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others
What you will get:
- Competitive compensation package
- Ongoing membership and apprenticeship; Leadership courses, development programs, technical courses, certification opportunities and more!
- 20+ PTO days plus holidays and floating holidays in your first year
- Extensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Hybrid environment with flexibility, remote work
- Parental (Maternal and Paternity) leave
- Gartner Gives Charity Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and wellness related allowance programs
- 401k with corporate match
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
#LI-SS4 #InformationTechnology #IT
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77769
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.