About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact on new digital product development for Gartner’s core business of providing research and advisory services and new innovations. Gartner is on the journey to being an Insights Platform and this role will play a key part in the transformation.
As the Managing Vice President (MVP) your role will be to use design thinking and lean product principles to enable and transform Gartner’s digital customer experience platform and lead platform development and product innovations. This platform enables a digital experience that helps clients solve mission critical priorities while providing an effortless, client-centric, habit-forming, design thinking experience. The Customer Experience Platform oversees the core Gartner.com and mobile app experience along with our notifications.
The ideal candidate will be a bold, creative product platform leader and should want to deeply understand our client’s needs and be a champion for building a world-class digital customer experience. Come join us building something great!
What you will do:
- Lead a global team of 15+ Product Managers to help deliver the Gartner Insight Platform which supports Gartner’s $5.5B research business. This is a leader of leaders role.
- Create and evolve the Gartner Product Platform so that we can launch new innovative features quickly on the platform
- Own the understanding of client journeys, product build & launch for the platform
- Incubate pilot products as needed, including identifying & analyzing key business metrics to uncover reasons for success, reasons for obstacles and deliver needed enhancements
- Project manage through the development process from concept through to launch while ensuring continued impact and tracking progress of metrics post-launch
- Prioritize relentlessly; independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and identify and execute on priorities which have the most business impact
- Demonstrate a growth mindset to develop themselves and the team professionally.
- Present regular updates to top executives, including our CEO, senior Research experts, and delivery teams; Including but not limited to leading, brainstorming & collaborative problem-solving sessions with Research, Service delivery, Sales and others to finalize product concept, features/functionality and successfully implement.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of combined experience in digital product management, product development, and managing high performing teams; Product Development experience in SaaS software environment preferred
- Experience developing and managing a digital platform to include, web, mobile and app notifications
- A customer obsessed mindset, passion for technology and enjoys working with engineering, UX, data science, customer research, and other product-related functions
- Strong understanding of lean product, design thinking principles and product lifecycle
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations with measurable business impact
- Ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization and work collaboratively with partners
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A bias for action, including balancing tradeoffs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside comfort zone
- Ability to attract talent and build global product teams
- Must be a builder. All Gartner leaders are builders
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77723
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.