About the role
Analyst will create Gartner research and provide related advice to clients and support the sales force in new sales and client retention. The research provides insight, predictions and actionable advice to clients in the area of AI, GenAI, Machine Learning (ML) and Data Science. This includes writing about, presenting and advising organizations about AI technologies, best practices, market trends and vendors and their solutions, service providers, governance and best practices in AI.
- AI/ML model development, deployment and management.
- Application development and use implications of AI
- AI vendors comparisons including cloud based AI services (ex. Google, Amazon, Microsoft, IBM)
What you will do
- Conduct research and analysis in AI, GenAI, Machine Learning and Data Science. Specific areas of focus will include strategy, best practices, market trends, technologies and vendors.
- Applicable experience in an industry discipline and deep knowledge of a particular market, industry or role; understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- Cover the specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, fact-based research.
- Identify critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input, collaboration with other Gartner analysts and personal experience.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert – develop a following.
- Create and deliver high value presentations and other materials.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on topics covered by the Analyst's team.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Actively participate in or lead research projects as needed and collaborate effectively with peers.
What you will need
- 12+ years of experience within the technology field, specifically AI/ML.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters/Ph.D. preferred - and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience preferred
- Technology and business knowledge of end user strategies, AI/ML market, vendors and products.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- The ability to communicate credibly and effectively with executive audiences (executive presence) and presentation skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills: ability to apply conceptual models, recognize patterns and draw and defend conclusions. Ability to think abstractly and strategically is a must.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Ability to take direction and be self-directed in executing against plans.
- Strong collaboration ethos, influencing and leadership skills.
- A motivated, creative individual who can grow research depth and skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77720
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.