Are you a researcher who is curious about the impacts that Infrastructure & Operations can make in driving strategic goals? Do you want to work on a collaborative team that’s constantly seeking innovations in research processes? Can you come up with insightful ideas and hypotheses and turn them into well-written targeted research that drive client actions? Then this is the role for you.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Director, Research to be a key thought leader in identifying and producing provocative and pragmatic research for Infrastructure & Operations Leaders that solves complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes collaboratively guiding Researchers through our hypothesis-focused research, engaging with our clients to understand best practices, and managing a portfolio of high-quality content.
A Senior Director utilizes their exceptional planning and research skills to develop and execute a wide variety of content plans, identify themes across content and frameworks, and develop compelling analyses and recommendations that addresses clients’ top priorities. We are looking for candidates who are intellectually curious and outcomes driven.
- Determine high-impact research topics to address Infrastructure & Operations Leaders’ top priorities and drive client engagement and retention goals.
- Run complex research projects and guide researchers through a proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to develop “must have” research and solutions.
- Ensure research has robust economic conclusions, is based on sound data, is based on a robust understanding of client perspectives, and effectively challenges client assumptions.
- Engage senior executives through multiple channels, including surveys and interviews, to identify critical client challenges, discover best practices, and develop research products around them.
- Maximize the impact of research on clients using a variety of content types and collaborating with our Chief of Research, KI Leaders, and other Gartner experts.
- Present research findings to senior internal managers, stakeholders and clients in an articulate manner through a variety of forums.
- Work across Gartner to identify potential collaboration opportunities as well as new innovations in how we work.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team, guiding their research with actionable feedback and providing coaching to develop research and content creation skills.
- A Bachelor's degree required, and a Master’s/PhD preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including experience in applying research methodologies and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to identify relevant findings.
- 3+ years of experience managing complex projects end to end, where success includes incorporating multiple points of input, including interviews, quantitative findings, feedback from experts/other researchers, and other points of data.
- Proven communications skills and a superior ability to frame insight in written and visual presentation; experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders and/or executives.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to develop business insights aligned to new terrains and topic areas.
- Have an implicit/explicit understanding of senior-level executive business challenges.
- Strong experience in designing conceptual frameworks and graphics to visually convey complex ideas in memorable ways to an executive audience.
Who you are:
- A person with high intellectual curiosity who is excited by the search to uncover new, frame-breaking ideas.
- A critical and logical thinker and problem solver willing to challenge conventional norms and views, with a demonstrated ability to assess business problems and provide actionable, outcome-based insights.
- Excellent communicator and relationship manager who enjoys working with C-level Executives.
- A self-motivated, resilient individual who enjoys a highly collaborative team environment.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77689
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.