When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only use your knowledge and experience to help clients solve complex issues and deliver on key initiatives, but you will also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries.
About this role:
Gartner analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research and provide advice to world-leading organizations. A Senior Director Analyst possesses a keen eye for identifying gaps, problems, and solutions within the market they serve, and help clients make better decisions relative to their highest business priorities. He/she will provide research and advisory to our cloud service user and provider clients in Europe and beyond.
As a Senior Director in the Infrastructure & Operations Leadership practice, coverage area will apply broad knowledge of IT Public Cloud, technologies, vendors (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, Oracle OCI, Equinix), and deployment issues for our clients. Additionally, there will be a focus on non-technology aspects of digital infrastructure, including leadership and organizational challenges such as skills development and talent strategies. This position will provide advice to clients on best practices for moving to a public Cloud (IaaS and PaaS) platform as well as specific guidance to clients on evaluating and selecting cloud vendors, pricing contracts and cloud centers of excellence. This can include but not limited to topics such as:
What you will do:
- Work with a collaborative team of highly experienced analysts and advisors to build authoritative research and advice that directly addresses the priorities and challenges of cloud service provider clients.
- Serve as an authority on the technology market, buyer behavior, and local market implications (including regulatory and compliance) that affect the way cloud services are delivered across Europe.
- Create “how to” research and advice on best and emerging practices for buyers and sellers of technology across these requirements.
- Support our sales and client service teams in delivering insight to clients and prospects.
- Present on cloud services research and related thought leadership in one to one and one to many forums, including client presentations and Gartner events
What you will need:
- 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience .
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
- Direct experience building a cloud selection and adoption strategy (key issues, vendors, partners and best practices)
- Deep understanding of the IaaS, PaaS or Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services markets, the strengths of the hyperscalers, and the competitive landscape for adjunct IT services.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Candidates should have demonstrated expertise in advising executives on their mission critical priorities.
- Strong knowledge of business, technology, channel & go-to-market conditions in Europe.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77687
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.