Sales Manager JD – GTS, GE & LE Sales
About the role:
The Sales Manager's primary role is to attract, lead, coach and develop a team of quota-bearing associates to drive revenue for Gartner. A Sales Manager typically manages a team of 6-12 direct reports.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve or overachieve financial targets
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results tied to overall sales strategy
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner's validated recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting sessions with direct reports
- Ensure that each team member is capable of developing and maintaining C-level relationships
- Provide leadership through effective communication of the global strategy
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Improve the team's success through effective leadership and mentorship
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team's professional growth
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 7-15 years shown consultative sales experience in high technology (services, software or hardware), with 3+ years of management experience
- Internal candidates should have a demonstrated track record of successful financial performance, with 2+ years of QB sales experience in Gartner MA or Gartner management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and motivate sales associates
- Strong business acumen, forecasting skills, influencing skills and interpersonal skills (to share knowledge with a team to support the growth strategy within sales)
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen, handling others
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77613
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.