We’re looking for a Senior Director of Financial Data & Analytics well versed in today’s advancements in financial data & analytics to help CFOs and senior finance leaders effectively structure and govern financial data, and enhance analytical capabilities support their digital business and process needs.
About this role
Analysts create must have insights for our clients through published research and client interaction. You will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a videoconference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction you will help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance.
What you’ll do
- Research and represent thought leadership and advise senior Finance leaders on best practices in financial data & analytics
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas
What you’ll need
- 12+ years of experience overseeing and working in a finance analytics leadership role
- Subject matter expertise in financial data and advanced analytics, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of how to help Finance leaders evolve their data and analytics capabilities to meet their digital business needs of the future
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Who you are
- To thrive in this role, it helps if you are obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees.
- Excellent collaborator with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust
- Confident presenter with a high level of executive presence (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus)
- Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations
- Willing to challenge conventional norms and views
About the Gartner Finance Practice
The Gartner Finance Practice is synonymous with frame-breaking research for CFO on initiatives including, but not limited to growth investment & cost structure, finance technology optimization, finance function strategy & org design, and financial data & analytics. The team works with 1,500+ client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps CFOs and their direct leadership teams address their unique challenges by relying on original primary research, benchmarks, insights and analysis delivered through an analyst & advisory model.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77492
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.