About the role
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director possesses a keen eye for identifying gaps, problems and solutions within the market they serve. They use their knowledge and experience to help clients make better decisions, solve complex issues and execute new practices that propel clients’ businesses toward key objectives. A Senior Director publishes these insights as pragmatic and/or provocative research. Additionally, they reinforce Gartner’s value every day by engaging clients via in-person and virtual meetings, sales support visits, Gartner conferences and industry events.
We seek candidates with specific expertise in developing and executing IT sourcing and vendor management strategies, processes and tools. The ideal candidate will have a background in working directly with board level and senior executives to align IT sourcing and vendor management strategy and execution to business objectives. All candidates must be able to represent the larger body of Gartner research, conduct and publish research in IT sourcing and vendor management, working with an international team of analysts.
This role will focus on advising clients on best practices regarding:
- IT sourcing strategies, governance models, policies and processes
- IT sourcing and vendor management organization, operations, tools and analytics
- IT vendor governance models, policies and processes
- IT vendor management strategies, practices and tool
What you will do
- Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis in IT sourcing and vendor management trends, governance, organization, skills, tools, transformation issues, and best and next practices.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Produce industry/role-specific research as necessary
- Add value to the research by analysis (which may include triangulation, pattern recognition, application of experience)
- Answer (using video and audio conferencing, and written response via email) inquiries from clients in covered topic areas
- Create specified volumes of written research (e. g. Research Notes, Strategic Analysis Reports, etc.) in fulfilment of our commitment to clients.
- Create materials for and deliver presentations to clients by face-to-face meetings, teleconferences, webinars, conferences and other modes.
- Provide individualized consulting for clients, which involves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies, or providing advice to end user or vendor clients
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by
- delivering presentations at regional sales sessions whose purpose is attracting prospective clients
- Help recruit, motivate and mentor colleagues as applicable
- Determine specific subjects to research, create an active research agenda, conduct the research, and present/develop accompanying deliverables
- Take positions on key issues that affect your research area and our clients
What you will need
- 12+ years’ experience in IT sourcing and vendor management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or relevant experience required
- Engaging and advising business stakeholders in IT sourcing and vendor management strategies, trends and best practices.
- Developing and executing complex IT vendor ecosystem governance and performance management models and value metrics.
- Adapting and developing IT sourcing strategy and vendor management processes to make them more agile and focused on business outcomes.
- Experience executing and managing strategic IT vendor relationships.
- Experience with IT vendor management performance metrics, resolution and tools.
- Strong market research and analytical skills, proven in an IT sourcing and/or vendor management role.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Collaborative teamwork, good at sharing data and two-way communication.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills both verbally and in writing. Public speaking experience a plus.
- Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, the individual must be adept at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data. Ability to think abstractly and strategically is a must.
- Able to build and execute a robust research agenda
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A motivated, creative individual who has the ability to grow research depth and skills.
- Ability to take direction and be self-directed in executing against plans.
- Strong work ethos, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 150,000 USD - 190,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77420
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.