What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development – as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Lead UX Designer who’s excited about growing business-critical product lines while achieving a high bar for ease-of-use for our customers. This is truly a unique opportunity for a customer obsessed UX and Customer Experience designer. In this role you will help design UX and product innovations and apply lean product principles in everything we do. If you are interested to work with an agile scrum team in a lean startup at an established brand, this is the role for you.
This position involves conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. You will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. Having a strong goal-orientation (vs. a task-orientation) and an anchoring on the client experience will help you navigate the decisions needed to build great products.
What you will do:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, reusable UX components, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions based on a user-centered design approach; rapidly test and iterate your designs based on business requirements.
- Create graphics, mobile, and responsive web layouts that highlight important insights, clarify complex data, and create a narrative flow to maximize user impact
- Implement a “lean” approach to product development where you and the team strive for early validated learnings that leads to shorter cycle times for delivering customer value
- Support multiple long- and short-term projects while actively prioritizing workflow based on ROI, and business value generated.
What you will need:
- Degree in a related discipline with 7+ years’ experience in product/UI design solutions based in completely digital environments.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), human Computer interaction, understand user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Thrive to keep abreast of the latest mental model and interaction of SaaS products
- Embody a curious mindset to explore and empathize with customers’ pain points
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team to understand detailed requirements and design user experiences that meet client needs and business vision
- Strong visual design, brand, and user experience instincts; ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design and innovation.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77198
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.