Senior Principal Analyst - Data Management Technology - Remote US
As a Senior Principle Analyst, you will create Gartner research and analysis, communicate it to clients and support the sales force in new sales and client retention. Your research will provide insight, predictions and actionable advice to clients around data management. In addition, you will understand adjacent research areas and practices.
The field of research you will work in
- Data Management technologies and its intersection with Analytics, the broader applications market and digital business.
- Best practices for selecting, implementing and managing data management systems, such as database, data warehouse, data lake, data integration, data catalogues, metadata management.
- How modern data management environments need to be architected to future proof against new emerging and disruptive technologies, such as Data Mesh, Data Fabric, machine-learning enabled automation, knowledge-graphs.
- Executing data management programs in the context of cloud migration plans and broader data&analytics strategies.
What you’ll do
- Impress with your understanding of best practices and inspire by detecting emerging next practices and trends in your field or research.
- Identify critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them.
- Create and deliver high value presentations off the back of the body of research over time.
- Conduct research and produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research analysis.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on any topic covered by the Analyst's team.
- ·Provide high quality and timely research peer review.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
What we expect
- You have 6-12 years of experience within the field of data management.
- You demonstrate significant applicable experience in the related industry discipline and deep knowledge of a particular market, role, or user strategies in any of the specific areas mentioned above.
- You have proven experience in presenting to clients at events and conferences, performing workshops and briefings.
- You will have previously held a leadership role within business or technology field.
- You bring deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s)) in related field.
- Proven record of academic achievement at highest level.
- Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Very good story teller. Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Strong writing skills.Very strong team-working ethos.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 105,000 USD - 140,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77185
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.