The Conference Associate Director will serve in a leadership role and manage the North American CxO Logistics team to design and deliver flawless, cohesive conference experiences.
What you will do:
- Lead operations strategy for regional conference portfolio in partnership with COEs
- Project manage development and delivery of cross-functional operations strategy
- Lead communication and collaboration across regional portfolio COE leaders
- Ensure that decision making, and recommendations align with corporate strategy and objectives
- Support conference teams to transition from the design and delivery of individual parts to intentionally crafting an end-to-end audience journey
- Drive consistency and innovation across the regional portfolio
- Recruit, retain and coach a team of agile, customer focused, operational experts
- Inspire confidence and provide clear direction
- Provide subject matter / functional expertise and guidance
- Ensure that team is leading the development of an end-to-end conference experience
- Drive initiatives which enhance the portfolio, deliver results against priorities and improve processes in planning and execution in partnership with strategic initiatives leader
- Build team infrastructure to scale and operate efficiently
- Deliver for today while preparing for the future
- Develop detailed action plans to achieve growth including optimized space planning, capacity solutions, venue selection and transitions, and growth in to new region
- Select and effectively manage strategic partnerships with vendors
- Clearly understand and translate the needs of the audience
- Champion change and drive creative solutions
- Flawless conference delivery of 1-2 conferences per year
- Oversee operational delivery of all logistics elements across complex in-person conferences (focus on NA)
- Project management including the ownership and adherence of conference timelines and templates to accurately deliver
- Venue management including but not limited to rooms, meeting facilities, F&B, A/V production
- Lead onsite staffing, include preconference trainings, briefings and creation of staff plan
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results then implement changes accordingly
- Create detailed post-event analysis reports and event de-briefs for review with manager/operations leads
- Overall responsibility for regional portfolio budgets including preparation, negotiations, accurate and timely monthly forecasts
- Collaborate with COE leaders to identify trends and regional impacts
- Partner with financial planning team on overall budget health and managing risk
- Manage and cultivate key vendor relationships
- Negotiate on everything
What will be expected:
- Achieve operational excellence and execute conferences on time, within budget and with great attention to detail
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships, both internally and externally
- New processes implemented that will help to improve operational efficiency of the team
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred
- 10+ Years Event Management experience
- Proven event operational skills including food & beverage, production schedules, budget management and event staffing.
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Proven experience in managing agency and vendor partners.
- Proven people management experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Motivated team player with desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement and manage change and strive for continuous improvement
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
- Confident decision maker
- Willingness to travel - attend Gartner Conferences to lead operational requirements and onsite teams
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:77036
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.