What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery, and collaboration you’ll not only help clients act on their mission critical priorities, but you’ll also grow your career and the scope of your impact across markets and industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity.
If you are intellectually curious and principally motivated by ideas, Gartner is looking for you.
About the role:
This is an opportunity for a convergent thinker with numeracy skills to make an impact with Gartner’s clients as part of Gartner Technology & Service Provider Quantitative Innovation group.
We are looking for an impact-driven, self-motivated problem solver with a passion for understanding technology markets. Someone who thrives on building models and drawing conclusions from disparate data sets to create actionable forecasts. The Principal Researcher will need to work independently yet be driven to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams of global analysts that assess the vendor landscape and trends. From this collaboration and primary research, the role will aide and lead the development of new forecasts as well as the on-going enhancement of a variety of forecast initiatives spanning emerging technologies (Cloud, A.I., IoT, Edge) to Industries (Retail, Manufacturing, Transportation).
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Gartner’s subject matter experts to gain insight, validation and agreement of forecast model inputs and output.
- Ideate, create, enhance, and maintain forecast models.
- Research, analyze and predict market trends based on vendor strategies, buyer demands, key macro-economic trends, influencing factors, and key metrics across industries and geographies.
- Assess the market opportunity for technologies and services, presenting competitive analysis and customer opportunity assessments.
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery.
- Integrate input from multiple channels, including customer research and subject matter experts, into written forecast assumptions and drivers.
- Manage interactions with data scientists and subject matter experts.
What you will need:
- Ability to work independently, while also motivated to collaborate across teams to produce high-quality numerical and written deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technology, statistics, science or business / economics or a related field. Master's Degree in related discipline (or MBA) is an advantage.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Critical thinking skills, highly numerate with experience in building forecast models.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions.
- Project management and communication skills (projects involve multiple internal teams) with ability to meet research milestones and deadlines.
- Experience conducting primary research and organizing qualitative and quantitative information and able to articulate with succinct communication skills complex ideas effectively.
- Strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity with a passion for understanding technology markets from both a business and technology perspective.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity.
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76991
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.