Hiring near our US Centers of Excellence.
Hybrid, flexible environment
Fort Myers, FL
Gartner offers a hybrid, flexible environment, with remote work that allows associates great flexibility to work from home, and opportunities to connect with colleagues for moments that matter on-site. Candidates that apply should be located within a reasonable proximity to one of Gartner’s Centers of Excellence office locations.
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About The Role:
Our team is looking for a well-rounded and motivated Lead Analytics Engineer who will be a part of the CDO execution team. The CDO execution team is responsible for delivering data and analytical solutions to various business units. CDO organization builds data solutions leveraging the latest technology and methodologies to analyze, develop, model and verify interfaces, applications, logic and services that help solve data challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead data architecture and implementation efforts to structure, integrate, govern, store, describe, model, and maintain data warehouse for optimal accuracy and usage.
- Responsible to review and analysis of business requirements and design technical solutions
- Help build define architecture frameworks, best practices & processes. Collaborate on Data warehouse architecture and technical design discussions
- Design and develop warehouse solutions using AWS, Lambda, ECS, and SQS.
- Lead Gartner’s overall strategy and approach on analytics engineering
- Promote the integration of new cloud technologies and continuously evaluate new tools that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation.
- Build workflows using data from a wide variety of sources, including on premise databases and external data sources with rest APIs and harvesting tools.
- Drive automation efforts across the data analytics team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Work with internal infrastructure teams on monitoring, security, and configuration of AWS environment and applications
- Collaborate with internal business units and data science teams on business requirements, data access, processing/transformation and reporting needs and leverage existing and new tools to provide solutions; Effectively support and partner with businesses on implementation, technical issues and training on the data ecosystem.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- Have 7+ years development experience with Oracle/Postgres Database
- Ensure database architectures address business requirements, system scalability, performance, governance and reliability.
- Lead development of database applications, interfaces, data transfer mechanisms and business intelligence platforms.
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle and Postgres), etc.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Hands on Experience with AWS services like S3, Batch, Lambda, Glue, ECS/EKS.
- processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- familiar with version control systems (Git)
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus.
- Good experience in handling errors/exceptions and debugging the issues in large scale applications.
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies
- knowledge of Java programming, Python language is a plus.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you will get:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Ongoing mentorship and apprenticeship; Leadership courses, development programs, technical courses, certification opportunities and more!
- 20+ PTO days plus holidays and floating holidays in your first year
- Extensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Hybrid environment with flexibility, remote work
- Parental leave
- Gartner Gives Charity Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and wellness related allowance programs
- 401K with corporate match, immediate vesting
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76866
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.