About the role
The Test Engineer will create and execute test plans for functionality, acceptance, regression, performance, and stress testing. The Engineer must work well with developers and BA in an aggressive agile development environment. The candidate should have strong analytical abilities, excellent teamwork, and great communication skills. He/she will also be responsible for testing and verification of software components. The candidate should have experience with automation (Selenium Web driver/Java).
What you will do
- Analyze Functional requirements and design documents, review bug descriptions, and incorporate this information into test plans and test cases.
- Test execution, defect (bug) tracking, reporting, and issue resolution/coordination
- Conducts and/or participates in formal and informal test case reviews.
- Develop and execute test automation scripts
- Develop and execute functional tests, and regression tests.
- Maintain test documentation and test cases .
- Analyze data and results of tests, record defects, and provide status.
- Add new tests/ enhance existing tests written in Selenium/Java.
What you will need:
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT or Business environment testing highly scalable applications.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Problem-Solving Skills.
- Shows ownership and accountability.
- Experience in automating web platforms using test automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, and JUnit/Nuinit etc.
- Strong understanding of basic concepts to testing principles.
- Well-versed in Java and understanding of coding enterprise applications within Java.
Good To Have
- Hands-on experience testing web services.
- Experience in an Agile development environment is a plus.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76771
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.