Title: Graphic Designer (Storyboard)
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to join the R&A Studio design team and impact the Gartner client experience through creation of compelling design that supports and communicates our best practice, insight-driven research. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly creative problem solver to design conceptual graphics, data visualizations, layouts, and illustrations that convey Gartner’s expert guidance and tools that enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. As a Graphic Designer, you will work closely with internal stakeholders and other designers across the in-house design team to deliver impactful and timely products and expertly apply brand and design principles to create effective content visuals that meet strategic company goals.
What you will do:
- Create high-end quality work in a fast-paced and process-driven environment, to meet deadlines and client expectations for creativity, quality, and accuracy.
- Design and develop graphics and illustrations for mission-critical, high-visibility client-facing projects.
- Use effective visual communication skills and best practices to meet and exceed content requirements while partnering with stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, working with Project Managers to develop, monitor, manage, and revise project scope documents, timelines, and processes.
- Mitigate risk on projects by creating contingency plans and recommending solutions, proactively engaging in problem solving.
- Related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in a graphic design or closely related discipline.
- 3+ years (post-college) experience in a graphic design role.
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design sense and/or experience with formatting content into visually appealing layouts, data visualizations, and infographics.
- Possession of excellent oral and written skills, including communicating presentations to internal and external professionals at all levels.
- Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Comfortable designing in a team environment but also working independently.
- Experience with reading, understanding, and developing visualizations from complex data.
- Experience with visual and digital storytelling, presentations, storyboarding, and user-centered design.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity.
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76753
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.