Title: Multimedia Designer (Video & Podcast)
About the role:
The candidate will join the Research & Advisory Creative team which is an in-house team of 250+ associates responsible for creating compelling materials to support Gartner’s research and advisory needs. The multimedia designer will be responsible for shooting and editing video, audio editing/mixing for audiobooks and/or podcasts. for editing, mixing, and finishing podcasts.
Successful candidates must have a critical eye for quality and detail and work to ensure every audio project created meets our high-quality standards are met. They must be able to manage multiple projects at various stages of production simultaneously. Organizational and collaborative skills, as well as an ability to prioritize, are a must. Candidates must have extensive video editing experience using Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or Motion required and be familiar with audio editing software Audition and/or Adobe Premiere. Knowledge of design, composition, sound effects, lighting, and video production from initial concept to finished product are essential.
What you will do:
- Deliver compelling videos that meet brand standards, best practices and goals with a focus on editing and some shooting in-person or remote talking head videos.
- Take part in creative sessions by brainstorming, providing creative input, suggesting innovative concepts, and making creative recommendations.
- Provide basic to advanced video motion graphic design support on video projects.
- Produce the live episode recording, providing technical support and host guidance.
- Review raw audio to trim and improve episode, decide on preliminary edits, while ensuring narrative consistency.
- Edit and mix or direct the editing and mixing of audio elements.
- Log programs in appropriate information systems.
- Perform other production or administrative tasks associated with the smooth functioning of the multimedia studio.
- Ensure all editing cuts, splices, changes, and additions appear seamless and natural and help the story flow more effectively in the finished product. You must be both quick and smart in how you cut.
- Accurately proof of all work - exceptional attention to detail is a must.
- Edit, encode, digitize, and package audio and video material for websites using appropriate technologies.
- Manage numerous projects, including expectations with respect to timelines, scope, standards, priority and provide timely escalation of issues.
- Process a high volume of requests and coordinate competing priorities effectively by balancing scheduled and unscheduled requirements.
What you will need:
Background and Experience
- 3 - 5 years Video and Audio Production and Editing experience.
- BA in video/audio production, graphic arts or related degree preferred.
- Reel of video and audio/podcast work.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition, familiarity with After Effects CC, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Adobe Media Encoder CC, Final Cut X.
- Extensive experience in post-production tools, formats, best practices, and processes.
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to develop creative visual ideas.
- Good editorial judgment and critical-thinking skills.
- Set up lights and sound equipment. Assist in shoots and operate a camera.
- Excellent storytelling and concept development skills, strong eye for composition.
- Ability to take critical feedback and incorporate it into the work.
- Proven track record of ensuring a diversity of voices is reflected in storytelling.
- Contributes to the diversity of perspectives on the team.
Project Management and Other Skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility to shift priorities quickly within a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong conceptual thinking with great attention to detail.
- Sense of intellectual curiosity and drive for perfection.
- Strong communication/ networking/ collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills — comfortable explaining design concepts, options, and decisions internally to stakeholders.
- Self-driven and can work in both independent and team environments.
- Independent and self-motivated, combined with the ability to work well in a team environment.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity.
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76752
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.