About this role:
As a self-driven motivated individual with a track record of success in hospitality management, you`ll take ownership and responsibility with a positive learning attitude and drive initiatives. The role requires exceptional stakeholder engagement, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal competently and professionally with all levels of the organization to include associates, senior management and demanding international stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Drive associate engagement, sense of belonging, excitement and fun at work that contribute to associate productivity, collaboration, and pride
- Engage with all guests, associates, and key stakeholders
- Build an environment to deliver soft services that are consistent at a high standard and able to provide customer centric services
- Ensure effective communications and reporting to leadership on operation matters/ concerns and Office Experience
- Champion / Lead monthly meetings with stakeholders to enhance local relationships
- Ensure feedback from stakeholder meeting is recorded, reported and followed through to the satisfaction of the end user and GRE management team
- Support all regional hospitality engagement programs, Gartner system rollouts, regional training, food & beverage, and sustainability
- Deliver the best-in-class front of the house experience aligned with the new reception services being created at the office for internal and external guests
- Be the champion for influencing the new Gartner workplace strategy for Tokyo office and lead associates in the change journey
- Manage - Plan and manage facility central services in Tokyo office including reception, security, cleaning, catering, pantry offerings and waste disposal
- Provide remote support to Osaka and Nagoya serviced offices and ensure effective stake holder management in those offices
- Procurement and contract management, including preparation of tender documents and quotations
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value
- Maintain office consistently and ensuring at all times it is to first class standards
- Help manage office refurbishments, renovations and office moves as they arise
- Help manage and facilitate of third-party suppliers in their provision of facilities services including the Landlord
- Acting as key point of contact for health and safety (e.g., fire warden and first aider)
- Manage facilities team member
- Effective Vendor Management - budgeting, invoicing and record-keeping of third-party suppliers
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor`s degree
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English language ability
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Membership at Corporate level of relevant professional body (BIFM, IOSH etc.) is preferred but not mandatory
- Demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within hospitality industry as a similar position
- Experience in people management
- Technical knowledge of facility services
- Proactive mindset and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to act quickly in demanding situations
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76737
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.