Executive Partner – Federal Government Region
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
A Gartner Executive Partner (EP) is an indispensable tool for every digital leader. Executive Programs (EXP) is an executive, membership-based organization serving over 7,000 CIOs and senior IT leaders across 87 countries. These members (including Fortune 500 companies & Governments around the world) benefit from an independent, unbiased, and expert source of knowledge and insight focused current and future business and technical challenges.
Gartner’s Executive Partners act as content-providers and business advisors to Executive Programs members, and partner with colleagues across the organization to deliver service solutions utilizing Gartner products and services.
This EP role will focus on the Federal Government.
What you’ll do:
- Directly partner with 28-30 executives, within some of the world’s largest public sector organizations, as their trusted and confidential advisor.
- Provide strategic advice to senior leaders in government on digital transformation and informed use of leading-edge technologies.
- Help agencies achieve mission results through the application of industry best practices.
- Apply the appropriate tools, research, and subject matter experts to help address some of the industries’ most challenging problems.
- Lead dynamic workshops with the client, their teams and partners to accelerate results.
- Work in a combination of onsite and virtual settings to scale your influence and maximize your time.
- Partner with Gartner’s Sales organization and other internal partners to drive client engagement, retention, and growth.
- Executive Partners do not have a sales quota but they do support our Gartner Sales colleagues in prospect cultivation, account plan development, and value demonstration activities leading towards organic growth in assigned accounts.
- Lead or participate in periodic onsite member activities including workshops, research analyst visits, roundtables and webinars, often in collaboration with Gartner Research and Advisory experts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall EXP strategy and EXP product deliverables.
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the EXP member community portal and assisted member connections.
Who You Are:
- Our most successful Executive Partners have the ability to adopt best practices, follow established processes, and embrace feedback with a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Gartner Executive Partners have natural curiosity and share their knowledge and expertise with Executive Programs members.
- Executive Partners understand their members’ mission critical priorities and build trust by delivering value and leveraging key internal partnerships to drive results.
- Executive Leadership experience.
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a CIO or Consultant, or in a Senior management role an IT.
- Executive Partners have an in-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of the CIO (including leadership, budget, IT operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- Executive Partners have an in-depth understanding of the business value of IT, the alignment of business and IT strategies, and leading-edge technologies.
- Technology experience within the public sector and preferably in the federal government.
- Extensive knowledge of a CIO’s focus areas and an in-depth understanding of the IT industry (including Leadership, budget, IT operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.) and priorities such as the challenges of “today’s” CIO’s and how Gartner ExP can make the difference as an advisory organization
- Advanced critical thinking and structured problem-solving skills
- High tolerance and an advanced ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills (Executive Presence)
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with CXO level executives
- Expert at managing multiple priorities
- Curious and hungry to learn
- Committed to making others successful
- Gravitas and confidence
- Active listening skills
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. Visit gartner.com to learn more. Why Executive Programs (ExP)
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76729
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.