About this role:
Our Global Tax team is a key business partner in growing shareholder value while complying with regulations in 100+ countries in which we operate. The role of tax technology is growing in importance as resource needs change as well as compliance with tax regulations becoming more automated, real-time, and demanding. Therefore, Gartner is investing in building an internal Tax Technology and Automation Group. This role will report to the Director of Tax Technology and Automation.
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded Sr. Tax Associate who can provide critical business partner support to support the Global Tax team. This position will be responsible for creating, utilizing, and maintaining India tax compliance & reporting processes and the associate will assist in managing the tax compliance budget, accruals and engagements.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and annual income tax provision and tax account reconciliations under US GAAP reporting and local statutory reporting rules; ensure proper documentation for tax technical, tax accounting and tax controls,
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual income tax payments and returns,
- Assist in developing Tax Rate and Cash Tax Guidance,
- Keep abreast of development in tax laws, regulations and practices,
- Establish effective tax control processes; drive a culture of continuous improvement around tax process, tax reporting/compliance, documentation and tax controls,
- Support and leverage technology, processes and systems to improve tax compliance & reporting,
- Assist with the tax risk management strategy for Gartner and affiliates in foreign jurisdictions,
- Assist in managing the tax compliance budget, accruals and engagements
- Help manage the International tax compliance and reporting outsourcing engagement
- Build a strong tax compliance team
- Assist in other tax related projects as requested by tax management.
What you’ll need:
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Tax Consultant,
- 4+ years PQE of experience in direct tax either in a large public accounting firm, law firm or multinational company,
- Experience in direct tax provisioning/reporting and compliance,
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external advisors, key stakeholders and colleagues,
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative manner with other team members and exudes a positive and winning attitude,
- Ability to be objective and provide independent input and analysis.
What will you get:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76709
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.