Senior Director of Product Design
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development – as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
As a Senior Director of Product Design, you will lead a team of Product Designers focused on delivering best user-centered experiences. While collaborating with key engineering and business partners, you will define and drive exceptional user-experience design deliverables across products and initiatives.
The Senior Director will lead and manage all aspects of talent development, tactical, strategic design and user research. You will be the voice of the customers and influence the product toward user-focused journey.
- Lead a growing team of Product Designers across different products
- Strong experience in user research and leading those efforts
- Instill a culture of learning, research, and Design Thinking across the full end-to-end customer journey
- Drive ideas, solutions, and products execution
- Adopt a solutions-centric mindset and have a user-centric focus on experiences
- Nurture a positive, creative, and inclusive atmosphere that encourages collaboration with constructive and respectful feedback
- Inspire, motivate, and lead the UX team to create elegant solutions that are coveted by end-users
- Evangelize the design and research methodologies
- Ability to speak to technical constraints, experimentation, product, brand, business and strategy — connecting across disciplines to cultivate collaboration between teams
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience in the design industry in and around various product design fields (user experience/interaction design, visual design, and research)
- 2+ years of experience managing product designers
- A Bachelor’s degree in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction, or related field
- Experience designing with accessibility in mind
- Experience leading and directing cross-functional and multi-geographic teams
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76685
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.