The Events Manager supports the Logistics & Production team in the delivery of Gartner’s must-attend global conference portfolio, for both virtual and in-person programs. This role is responsible for the development, management and execution of various conference elements relating to logistics and production.
- Oversee operational delivery of all logistics and production elements across in-person and virtual conferences including project management, virtual event platform financial management (forecasting, expense management and reconciliation), staff planning and production scheduling.
- Manage conference budgets with direct responsibility for all costs associated with logistics and production delivery; produce accurate monthly forecasts and manage expenses effectively.
- Support Director on cost negotiations, proposals, contracting and terms and conditions for suppliers.
- Contribute to and sometimes lead projects on the development of best practices and processes, including internal deployment, communication and instruction.
- Attend conferences as the onsite lead for in-person and virtual delivery including managing the production schedule, creation and management of virtual run-of-show, members’ primary contact and liaising with agency partners and vendors.
- Liaise with key conference partners and team members (internal and external) to ensure successful conference execution; build and maintain good relationships by establishing trust and a working partnership.
- Be a key member of the global Events Gartner Research Board cross-functional team – build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices and continuously raise the level of our event!
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results then implement changes accordingly. Create detailed post-event analysis reports and event de-briefs for review with manager/operations leads.
- Plan, organize, and execute the production of virtual sessions from scheduling, recording, quality checks to delivery.
- Leading our production partner to successfully deliver all virtual sessions within strict timelines
- The Conference Manager will oversee, plan & execute conference logistics and will work closely with the Conference Director.
- Oversee all pieces of the conference planning process. Support flawless delivery and superior attendee experience across the portfolio of conferences.
- Effective project management including development of and leading the team to adhere to timelines templates and best practices.
- Venue management including but not limited to rooms, meeting facilities, F&B, meeting materials, A/V production.
- Achieve operational excellence and execute conferences on time, within budget and with great attention to detail.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships, both internally and externally
- New processes implemented that will help to improve operational efficiency of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5+ Years Event Management experience
- Proven event operational skills including production schedules, budget management and event staffing
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Proven experience in managing agency and vendor partners
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Motivated team player with desire to learn and grow
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement and manage change and strive for continuous improvement
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76659
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.