Who we are:
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner Research, advising Gartner’s clients on how to translate insights into transformational actions that meet their mission-critical strategic priorities. Gartner Consulting is growing at a rapid rate with massive upside potential.
What we do:
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite executives make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s Research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as Technology Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Application Strategies
- Data and Analytics
- IT Portfolio Optimization and Rationalization
- Cloud Strategies
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Talent and Organization
- Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
As we continue to grow our business the need for additional leadership capacity emerges to make sure we sustain our growth. The Market Lead role was created to support Industry leads in hiring, coaching and executing on the Industry GTM plan in a specific country. The Market Leader leads by example by selling to and serving his/her own portfolio of key clients in a way that provides a best practice for the rest of the MPs (Managing Partners) in his/her team.
For MCRU (Manufacturing, CPG, Retail and Utilities) in the UK&I the Market Lead is expected to grow our revenues double digit by improving the productivity of the current MPs combined with attracting & promoting new MPs. We have an almost unlimited potential to grow and the Market Lead is instrumental in determining where to prioritize our go to market efforts and execute flawlessly on that.
- Contribute to GTM Strategy and 3-Year Plans and assume responsibility for execution within Region
- Assess market demand and collaborate with Industry Leaders to develop and deploy the right industry solutions
- Identify, manage and close opportunities in line with Value Assurance and the operating model defined by the Industry Leader
- Collaborate with Industry Research in Region to identify, quality and pursue opportunities
- Drive pipeline building and high activity selling through weekly pipeline calls and coaching MPs on MP Pathways
- Coach and help MPs solution on must win opportunities
- Promote team QRBs on proposals and extensions/expansions
- Assume regional responsibility for bookings and pipeline accuracy and forecasting
- Grow bookings and revenue in personal and team portfolios
- Align with the Region Leadership Team and Region Research colleagues
- Meet ML aggregate and personal l utilization/managed revenue/sales targets
- Represent Gartner as an Industry expert at Industry conferences and Gartner Symposiums
- Continually assess and analyze the market in terms of demand, new accounts and competition
- Define Industry points-of-view that align to clients MCPs
- Work with the Industry Leader and Practice Leaders to develop Industry solutions that leverage the market analysis above
- Reinforce Industry campaigns in Region and work with MPs to execute on these campaigns. Collaborate on campaigns with EXP and Sales
- Work with MPs to execute on all demand generation activities
- Works with MPs and Practice Leaders to promote team solutioning as a sport. Ensures appropriate scoping, resourcing and pricing
- Collaborate with MPs and other Market Leaders to promote knowledge sharing, client success stories and the harvesting of industry information
- Provide quality assurance to own engagements and engagements of others as necessary to ensure client impact
- Leverage internal network to direct team to most appropriate expert resources within Gartner and beyond
- Prioritize, optimize and manage MP (Managing Partners) and AP (Associate Partners) portfolios, accounts and targets
- Build TBVA relationships with anchor accounts and coach MPs and APs on solutioning on must win deals
- Lead shaping of engagements. Ensure impact and quality of delivery with all accounts
- Lead and provide strategic direction on client engagements, assuming responsibility for delivery excellence and client outcomes
- Nurture client relationships in and outside of the engagement context, advising C-suite level executives on strategic business priorities
- Deliver excellence on every engagement, regardless of size, complexity, or domain area
- Function as a “fixer” for engagements gone bad, assuming responsibility to salvage engagement and client relationship
- Partner with Managing Partners, Expert Partners (EP), Sales, Research, ExP, and other BUs to deliver the best of Gartner to clients
- Drive retention and bookings/revenue growth with existing anchor accounts, both within the personal portfolio and the team portfolio
- Collaborate with MPs to build anchor account relationships and promote team solutioning in shaping deals in accordance with our Global Consulting Strategic Priorities
- Coach MPs and work with OneGartner colleagues to drive account planning, opportunity prioritization and win plans
- Coach and guide MPs and APs in prioritized areas
- Support Industry Leaders in growing MP and AP firepower in Region through recruitment, development and performance management.
- Agree on objectives and manage mid-year and year-end performance reviews of MPs and APs
- Cultivate new talent in EMEA PS by providing feedback, development opportunities and mentorship
- Serve as a formal mentor/counselor to AP/MP/EPs and participate in performance evaluations as required
- Build followship amongst broader talent pool and identify potential future MPs
- Promote, support, and execute, diversity, inclusion and engagement across all aspects of our business. Foster an environment of exceptional professional development to ensure each of us can reach our full potential. This includes embracing diversity and actively removing barriers to support inclusion, engagement and growth in all that we say and do, internally with our associates and externally with our clients and communities.
- Embody Gartner Leadership Principles and Champion Mindset
Technical/Professional skills & Competencies:
- 15+ years of experience in Consulting (ideally some with a Tier 1 Consultancy); 10+ years as an industry SME, 10+ leading teams including experienced leaders
- 10+ years of experience as an Industry SME and experience in driving growth in the MCRU (Manufacturing, CPG, Retail and Utilities) industry.
- Drive communication of Consulting offering portfolio within Gartner
- Recognized industry leader internally across Gartner (Sales, Research, EXP) and in the external market
- Ability to gain and sustain executive relationships as a trusted business advisor
- Ability to drive an acceptable engagement gross margin at or above Gartner Consulting standards
- Understanding of the client's business and industry
- Demonstrated ability to sell and lead delivery of complex engagements
- Highly experienced at leading engagement teams, including coaching
- Understands the business and economics of consulting
- Can drive Gartner Consulting value proposition
- Has presentation/written communications skills at an executive level
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76637
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.