Client Director, Team Lead, GBS
What you’ll do as a Client Director, Team Lead:
As an experienced sales professional, you’ll partner with existing Gartner Supply Chain clients in the CPG space, leveraging internal subject matter experts, to address their most critical priorities. Net/net-- a player/coach...the best of both worlds-- this role offers the opportunity to own and manage accounts as well as coach and develop sales professionals to be the best they can be! By becoming a true partner to your clients, you’ll identify opportunities for account retention and growth through contract expansion, introducing new services and products. Clients of the global enterprise sales team have $1B+ in annual revenue and include 77% of the Global 500. You will also, attract, lead, coach and develop a team of quota-bearing associates to drive revenue for Gartner. A Team Lead typically manages a team of 3-4 direct reports. This role will be part of our https://www.gartner.com/en/supply-chain practice.
What You’ll Do
- Partnering with C-Level executives to develop and implement effective, enterprise-wide strategies
- Guide customer satisfaction, account retention and growth by collaborating with clients and internal Gartner teams
- Own forecasting and account planning on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Achieve or overachieve financial targets
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results tied to overall sales strategy
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner's validated recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting sessions with direct reports
- Ensure that each team member is capable of developing and maintaining C-level relationships
- Provide leadership through effective communication of the global strategy
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Improve the team's success through effective leadership and mentorship
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team's professional growth
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
We’re a traits-based organization that seeks diverse talent to best meet our clients’ needs. We look for sales professionals with strong executive presence, intrinsic drive, natural curiosity and coachability. The experience level we look for is as follows:
- 15+ years of consultative, B2B sales experience
- Experience prospecting to the C-Suite and senior-level leadership of enterprise businesses
- Quick learning attributes that enable you to pivot and work through ambiguity
- Ability to demonstrate strong sales process and strategies
- Track record of overachievement on goals or quotas
- Internal candidates should have a demonstrated track record of successful financial performance, with 2+ years of QB sales experience in Gartner MA or Gartner management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and motivate sales associates
- Strong business acumen, forecasting skills, influencing skills and interpersonal skills (to share knowledge with a team to support the growth strategy within sales)
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen, handling others
What’s in it for you?
- World-class training through our Sales Academy when you join and on-going training from our L&D team and sales leadership
- Unlimited advancement potential as a sales professional or progression into people leadership
- Unmatched resources to support your success
- Inclusive environment with great balance for personal and family life
- Generous compensation including uncapped commission, accelerators, bonuses and other incentives
About The Team
Our diverse sales team is one with a track record of continuous learning and overachievement. Over 50% of our sales associates achieved our annual sales recognition trip, Winner’s Circle. Most people leaders have been promoted internally and have delivered great success as an individual contributor in the past. They’re hands-on and enjoy working through challenging client scenarios alongside their team.
Learn more about Gartner sales teams on our career blog. Here are a few suggestions to get you started, Gartner Sales Roles and Life of Gartner Sales.
Who Are We
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our Awards And Accolades
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76603
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.