What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
The Territory Planning & Analytics (“TP&A”) team is at the center of delivering against our CEO’s top priorities – rapidly-growing the sales force and increasing sales productivity. We provide strategic advice to corporate and senior Sales leaders across the globe to ensure the best return on the company’s substantial annual investment in incremental sales professionals.
The Territory Planning & Analytics Automation team is focused on making sure we understand the needs of the sales force to help create scalable products, solutions that help increase the sales productivity, overall experience utilizing both data and technology.
About the role
We are searching for top talent that will help solve some of the most challenging problems in the IT world using research and data analysis. You will have access to the best facilities, technology and expertise within the industry and will work on challenging problems that would include looking at large volumes of data and deriving insights from them. You will also be working closely with other teams within Gartner to understand the user needs, processes they follow, problems and document the requirements as well analyze where do the process gaps are currently.
What you’ll do:
- Drawing insights using data from various sources including internal and external databases.
- Providing insights and recommendations for critical business decisions and processes using data analysis.
- Preparing presentations for senior leaders stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant analysis
- Interviewing internal users to understand their processes, Automation use cases, problems, needs and then documenting them into well-defined technical requirements for the IT team.
- Driving process improvements by using data, identifying inefficiencies, and providing recommendations.
What you’ll need
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3 to 6 years of experience performing data analysis working with large volumes of data.
- Working knowledge of SQL/relational databases (e.g., Oracle, MySQL)
- Demonstrated ability to translate quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including working experience of creating VBA/Macros.
- Experience in analyzing and improving operational processes and services.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong experience in presenting insights to senior leaders and communicating using PowerPoint.
- Experience creating visualization dashboards using tools like Power BI.
Having the following experience is a plus but not mandatory:
- Experience working in agile teams including knowledge of Scrum framework.
- Working experience or sound knowledge of Cloud based applications.
- Prior experience / working knowledge of Python
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:76595
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.